Removing exterior scratches, cleaning seats

Phoebe

Managed to scrape the front bumper and wheel arches of my 54 reg Mauritius (sp?) Blue A2 TDi 90PS.

Is there any way to hide the scratches without a respray?

They are just that tiny bit deeper than simply leaving a line of wash-offable garage wall debris, unfortunately.

Also, our A2 is used with the back seats out more often than not, due to contantly needing to take stuff to the tip, go camping, whatever.

Basically, the seats are filthy. Any suggestions for restoration would be much appreciated.

Am in Bristol if anyone knows a good valeter.

Thanks.

If you can post some pictures of the bumper scrapes, our resident bosyshop guru Phil - alias 'the grim reeper' will be able to advise. I have shampooed our car seats when we bought the car and the result was excellent. You can hire a machine from the likes of B&Q - if time is of the essence and you are Ok spending £60 -£80 a mobile valet place would sort the whole car for you. :D

If you can post some pictures of the bumper scrapes, our resident bosyshop guru Phil - alias 'the grim reeper' will be able to advise. I have shampooed our car seats when we bought the car and the result was excellent. You can hire a machine from the likes of B&Q - if time is of the essence and you are Ok spending £60 -£80 a mobile valet place would sort the whole car for you. :D

Thanks M, yes photos would be very helpfull so can give better advice

Cheers Phil

Hi Phoebe,

I have light (cream?) coloured seats and they were a pig to keep clean and kept leaving water marks if they got wet. I have since used a Vax deluxe (new upright sort) on the whole interior (carpets, mats, and seats) and after a lot of work it looks like new. I shampooed the seats 3 times (!) until no drying marks were visible. In good weather it dried quite quickly, so you can do it all in one day.

Good luck with the scratch too.

David

the scratches will be fun... I tried covering some of mine over the weekend. A tad too much paint and then some sanding with 10 micron paper, then a blast with a medium pad on the rotary with menz intensive (85 RD3.02) and away we go. Not perfect, but a spot of lacquer and you'll be hard pushed to see most of them.

The wings are really difficult to correct properly, as they're plastic.

Bret

Thanks M, yes photos would be very helpfull so can give better advice

Cheers Phil
Thanks very much. Will do some photos, and hopefully you'll be able to suggest something.

Unlike bretti, anything more difficult than a touch-up crayon is likely to end in tears.

Thanks again.

Back