2001 Audi A2 : CanBus or not ?

Satyr

Hi all,

'got some answers from past threads, but would like to confirm though...

My 1.4 TDI has been built on 01/2001 and delivered on 05/2001. I have a Concert I fitted with 6-CD changer compatibility.

Does this mean I have the can-bus compatibility or not ? If not, where can I found a drawing/schematic of the can bus interface ? If I really need it, I will make it by myself.

Cheers

From removing my old concert the other year i think i remember seeing a diagram on the unit itself, may be worth checking, but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to add the diagram anyway

Phil

If you can, whip out the headunit and look for wires going to pins 7 and 12 of the black, 20 pin connector. They should be orange and one has a black stripe, the other has a brown stripe.

If they're not there, then you don't have CAN and if you have a Mk1 headunit, I think it best to prepare for disappointment!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi all,

'got some answers from past threads, but would like to confirm though...

My 1.4 TDI has been built on 01/2001 and delivered on 05/2001. I have a Concert I fitted with 6-CD changer compatibility.

Does this mean I have the can-bus compatibility or not ? If not, where can I found a drawing/schematic of the can bus interface ? If I really need it, I will make it by myself.

Cheers

Hi JB
I have a slightly later model TDi and it does not have the 'infotainment' link to the can bus gateway in the instrument cluster. If you are determined to have a go, check out the links in this post by Humps - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=38873&postcount=6

Cheers Spike

Thanks to all for your replies. Will remove the unit anyway to check it out and will see. A Concert II PCB could be one way to go.

Back