16" SE Alloys - How much?

L.Hurst

Hi there

Havent been on here for along time really.

Basically I am thinking of selling my 16" SE alloys which have been in garage for awhile now. All four tyres have a good amount of tread on, and all alloys are in good condition, very min. curbing and only one scratch. So all in all a great set of alloys. I am unsure of how much they go for, but I know from audi they are £250 each wheel. So how much will they look to go for?

image014t.jpg

Thanks

£100? I buy and sell a lot of OEM alloys, and a lot of the smaller wheels are very hard to move as most people are moving upto 17" and 18".

Having said that they do sell and the last 3 sets of 16" wheels I had all sold to Beetle owners that wanted alloys, but didnt want a worse ride so stuck with 16" wheels.

100?

that seems abit low to me from reading previous posts. I will see what I can get locally prephaps or maybe then ebay. thanks

£100 is crazy low!
Last set I tracked on ebay went for £270.
A knackered (badly kerbed on all 4 wheels) went for £110.

Depending on the state of the tyres I would say £200 to £300.

£100 is crazy low!
Last set I tracked on ebay went for £270.
A knackered (badly kerbed on all 4 wheels) went for £110.
Depending on the state of the tyres I would say £200 to £300.

The trouble is that you can buy a really good set of brand new replicas, all balanced with new tyres from about £350. So shifting the used set at a good price can be difficult unless someone specifically wants that particular rim and also wants OEM. Therefore I would agree with Shao Khan - although you will hopefully get more than £100!
A pal has bought a new set of 18" RS6 style 5 spoke for his A4 -the original SE 16" wheels are going on eBay with almost new Michelin tyres, and I dont expect them to fetch more than £200. ( On the positive side it will off set nearly half the price of the new ones!) Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
sorry to steal the thread a little bit but i've got a set of these, badly kerbed with knackered tyres, how much are they worth? Am i better selling them here or on the bay?

True

Its very true not many people want a alloy wheel set of 16's when you can get a brand new nice set of alloys of 17's for £250 i would say much more than £100

I would think you'd get more money selling them individally. If someone buckles a 16" A2 wheel they might be more inclined to purchase a single replacement. If someone wants to get a set of alloys, then as someone else stated, they sell new sets on ebay for £400 or so with tyres.

I got myself in this situation (buckled wheel) and paid about £130 for a second hand A2 SE wheel that was in excellent condition but with a tyre that had illegal tread. Best thing to do is search the completed listings on ebay. That way you can find out what sells and for how much.

The A2 SE wheels are nice enough but I wouldn't be inclined to buy them as a set because I think some of the brand new alternatives on ebay look a lot better.

Last edited:
Back