Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: 1.4 petrol

ask your man to do a VagCom download. The steering fault iight could be lots of things.

Given that the warning light was illuminated in May, you can possibly hope that the steering fault was sorted out before the car passed the MOT test in June......but I'd definitely second the suggestion of having the 'inspector' carry out a scan. Good luck.

This car was on a Facebook selling page quite some time ago in Southampton area for 600 iirc. Needless to say it was never mentioned about Cat C, it’s changed hands at least once since then. Be careful. The bolster on the drivers seat looks fairly creased for the claimed miles...

Thanks a lot for all reply. Im gonna call the owner today and will tell I send down a mechanic. If mechanic says car is okay and safe im gonna go down on Sunday and take it. If unsafe I leave it for sure. Cheers again!

5. Users that liked this post:

sunsurfer (13-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by d1sc0d4nc3r View Post
    Hello everyone!

I would like to get some help if possible please. I spotted an 2004 Audi A2 sport petrol on eBay and my 1400 pound offer been accepted.
    Only thing worries me car was a category C written off in 2005. It has ultra low mileage though only 27500 miles.
    Welcome to the forum. I remember seeing this car on eBay and thinking what a very nice looking car it was especially with that interior. I hope it all works out well for you and look forward to receiving updates on the car. Cheers Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I remember seeing this car on eBay and thinking what a very nice looking car it was especially with that interior. I hope it all works out well for you and look forward to receiving updates on the car. Cheers Mark.
    Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot I sent a message to the owner. Waiting for his reply with his address. When I have address gonna book the inspection. If mechanic find something fishy or dodgy about the car im not gonna buy it. I dont want to risk my life for fourteen hundred
    Anyone knows here if an inspector can find out if the mileage meter been clocked?
    Cheers again!
    Last edited by d1sc0d4nc3r; 13-10-2017 at 05:11 PM.

You can check the MOT history online with the reg with the mileage recorded at each MOT plus advisories and reasons for fail etc if thats any help.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Quote Originally Posted by jogon View Post
    You can check the MOT history online with the reg with the mileage recorded at each MOT plus advisories and reasons for fail etc if thats any help.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Hi,

Thanks I have already done that. But im not sure how legit is the mileage. Finally I have a Luton post code. Any decent mechanic around who could check the car for me please? I would pay for it of course. Or I can book one online as well. I have 1 more week to pick up the car. If every info in its advert legit im gonna buy it.
    Last edited by d1sc0d4nc3r; 15-10-2017 at 02:27 PM.