Which ISO harness do I need?

J

Jen

I am fitting a new stereo to my A2 and am finding it really confusing as there are different adaptors available.

My car has the Concert CD Player fitted and in the receipt, the person who bought the car from new paid an extra £40 for an 'Active Loud Speaker' - does this mean that the car is 'Amplified' or 'Half Amplified' or not amplified at all?

I've looked at the back of the stereo but that's no help really - can anyone please tell me which adapter I need? There are 2 - the 404 and the 401 and I'm not sure if either of these are the right one!

Please help!!!!!
:eek:

Hi Jen,

did you ever get an answer to this?

I have an A2 with the Concert 6 CD Changer and need to replace the HU and don't know which ISO harness I need.

How do you know if you have an "Active" system? - ours was bought 2nd hand and I have no idea what stereo options it came with.

Thanks

Paul

I can't remember which of the adapters is correct, but ask the Halfords guys and if it's not right, take it back

in general, all A2s that have sound coming from the back speakers are active, ie there'll be a small amp in the driver footwell, fed by the wiring coming from the 20pin black block at the back of the radio

cheers

mike

hi there..

Go along to your local Halfords and take the stereo with you, your looking for and ISO connector, the fitments across the range are pretty standard and Halfords stock most if not all wiring harness's, another place is SIO communication online I'm sure.

hi there..

Go along to your local Halfords and take the stereo with you, your looking for and ISO connector, the fitments across the range are pretty standard and Halfords stock most if not all wiring harness's, another place is SIO communication online I'm sure.

Taking the head unit in is useless as its the blocks in the car that they fit to, when i did mine there was 4 Autoleads iso fits listed for the A2 and i went through all 4 before i got it working, and they had to ring Autoleads as well

Phil

Back