I need a 1.4 petrol engine for my 2001 Audi A2

GARY_470

The oil pump has failed on my engine on my 2001 Audi A2 1.4 petrol and its now damaged , does anyone know where I can buy a replacement engine for my car , Is the VW polo 1.4 the same engine or can this be modified to fit as there seems to be a few on Ebay. Im struggling to find an engine out of A2 at the moment.

I have a brand new 101BHP 1,4 16V polo engine that I am willing to sell for 1000 Euro.

The transmission flange doesn't fit the A2 transmission, but you could find a polo transmission and install both. (maybe a DSG transmission....)

that is tempting.... how much do you think it will be left with that polo engine with the A2's unfavorable exhaust routing?

that is tempting.... how much do you think it will be left with that polo engine with the A2's unfavorable exhaust routing?

The engine itself is 100% identical (on the outside anyway) to the A2 engine, so both the intake and exhaust are both direct bolt-on. The only difference is the flywheel is turned the opposite way on the Polo engine, but it can be replaced with the one from the A2, and the bolt patern towards the transmission is different. How much different, I don't know. It might just be one or two bolts that are "off".

Here are a couple of pics:

http://www.dba.dk/asp/vispopup/bill...nceid=61896400&AnnonceTmpid=-1&Rubrikid=50400

'zorst should be doable with a little help from either bn-pipes or one of the UK's bespoke places... should get quite a lot of performance out of it, too, and all the bits sorg do for the 75 apply to the 100 too. Except sorg seem to have disappeared?! Flow the head, Schrick cam and a direct inlet to the airbox.....

Bret

does a 1.4 petrol engine from a polo fit a audi a2?

All VAG engines have a model code- AUA, BBY, AMF etc which is shown in the front of the service booklet. Its important to ensure you get a replacement engine with the same model code.
I think some Polo models share the same engines but its likely there will sill be detail differences like the alternator mounting and dipstick etc which would need changing over.

Cheers Spike

Hi, Spike

Please could you give us some advice. we have an A2 1.4 petrol and have just tried to have the engine replaced with an AUA engine from a polo/lupo the mechanic has called and is struggling to fit it becuase the fly wheel wont match up and the gear box bolt holes are out of line. is there anything that can be done or does the engine simply not fit?
any advice appreciated thanks beany

Hi beany
I have never done any work on an A2 petrol engine so everything here is just guesswork.
First question. Did your A2 engine have an AUA engine.
If so I think it should be a case of swapping bits over to the replacement AUA engine to make it fit.
I would expect the cylinder blocks to be the same between both engines so you should be able to sort the gearbox problem by removing the A2 clutch and backplate (the bit the gearbox bolts to) and fitting them to the Polo engine. If that works then its more of the same - continually checking and comparing everything on both engines and swapping things over as you go along.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike for the quick replay, yes my A2 did have an AUA engine, i've not seen the guy who's doing the engine swap, just got a phone call last night saying it won't fit because of this flywheel and gearbox problem, i will pass on what you've told me,

thanks again a beany

Hi all,

I'm on the look out for an A2 1.4 petrol AUA engine after its been confirmed I have indeed killed mine. Anyone know of one up for sale?

Many thanks!

Darren

Try ASM in Thame Bucks
they have about 3 A2s for breaking last time i looked
i have been steadily buying various parts from them

Thanks for that, have had a look at their site and they are very high mileage and they seem to not have the engines available.

So, tell me is there anyone out there that can tell me if I can put a same year VW AUA engine into my A2, or has anyone every done it?

I have just gone and found an A2 AUA on ebay, and its literally been sold. So I'm now at a total loss as to what to do.

Can anyone help or advise?

Many thanks!

Darren

Well, just to let you know... I go the engine sorted. The original was a total right off (I cannot believe to this day i killed my own engine!)

But, the guys at www.volksmine.co.uk found me an AUA engine. Pricey, but its gone straight in and is running like a total dream. Well chuffed.

I would have no hesitation in recommending them for engines. My guy who deals with my car said it arrived completely oil free, clean and tidy and well packaged on the pallet. So I now have a 60,000 miles engine, new gearbox, clutch, cam belt etc etc on my 2000 A2. It had better keep going for a bit longer!

good results, DarrenM! I see 179k miles from your signature, that's not bad. May I ask what happened to the old one?

Hi Humps,

Yep... I was not paying attention to the oil level indicator. It warned me to add some, I did.... but too much. Then some more... then a bit more for good measure.... then, BANG!

Welded the engine together!

Never drive to Cornwall after a day at work! I was simply not thinking straight. Costly mistake!

Back