Glow plug light flashing...?

Brabazon

Hello folks,

My GlowPlug light began flashing this afternoon, went off for a while, and then came back again. Am I right in thinking this is the engine management warning light? The manual says to get it seen to 'without delay'. Is it safe to drive with this flashing or should I contact my mechanic ASAP?

Thanks, Jon

Get someone to stand behind the car when you press the brake pedal. I reckon your brake switch needs replacing (£7 and a little effort).

Regards

Neil

Thanks. I replaced the brake light switch a couple of years ago, so I'll check that again. If that's what it is, they don't last very long...!

Jon

Still flashing here

Hi,
I've got the same problem. Yesterday I tried changing the brake light switch. Unfortunately it didn't fix it. The glow plug indicator is still flashing. My upper brake light is working but not the other two. when not breaking the upper light ramp is lit by the four most left LEDs, somewhat dim.

Any suggestions?

So your brake light is on all the time? when i fitted mine the other week the brake lights lit up but wouldn't go out, i had a gap between the switch and the arm, if you feel along the switch see if there's a gap when you press the pedal it will squash your finger (press with your hand) if this is what has happened, you have got a gap just get the end of your finger on the ridge at the end of the switch and give it a push it should extend the switch to fill the gap then your lights should work. If that doesn't a scan is in order to see what else is coming up

Cheers Phil

Back