Can anyone please help me diagnose what could be wrong with my A2?

Richie74

Can anyone please offer me any advice?

I have just recently bought an A2 (1.4) but am having nothing but trouble and can't get the car to run, when i go out in the morning the car just won't tick over, it just dies unless i keep the revs really high, but then after 5 mins of keeping the revs high it ticks over fine but during those 5mins i get loads of water coming from the exhaust, and then when i finally get it going if i drive too hard / too fast the car just goes into limp mode and dies out.

I took the car to Audi to have it checked and they said they have no idea what the problem is but they told me they found 9 engine faults so gave me a list of the codes and sent me on my way so i am still none the wiser to what the problem is. They said to find the fault i would need to leave the car with them and they will work there way through everything costing £££ that i just don't have, so before i have to resort to those drastic measures does anyone have any ideas of anything i can try, i am getting really desperate?

If it helps these are the 9 fault codes they gave:
17589 / p1181 Linear Oxygen Sensor / referance voltage / open circuit
17604 / p1196 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit, Bank 1 - Sensor 1 / Malfunction
17586 / p1178 Linear Oxygen Sensor / pump current / open circuit
17912 / p1504 Air Intake System / LeaK Detected
17961 / p1553 Barometric Pressure Sensor / Manifold Absolute Pressure / Implausible relation
17952 / p1544 Angel Sensor 1 for Throttle Valve Drive G187 / Signal Too High
17580 / p1172 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch B Circuit G188 / Signal Too Low
17834 / p1426 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Regulator Valve N80 / Open Circuit
16727 / p0343 Camshaft Pos. Sensor Circuit / High Input

Thanks

Thought about taking it back to where you got it? If it was a private sale you can't do very much, but if it was a car dealer you've got at least 3 months to take it back. I've been through the whole citizens advice/trading standards ordeal myself...

I have just had it re-scanned and the now the error i am getting is:

Controller: 8Z2 820 043
Component: A2-KLIMAVOLLAUTOMAT 0406
1 Fault Found:
00818 - Sensor for Evaporator Outlet Temperature (G263)
30-00 - Open or Short to B+

Any ideas what this is and if this could be causing all my problems?

Thanks

Back