Knocking noise???

hxsw

Hello, our A2 will be going for its MOT anytime soon, but it ha developed a knocking sound from the front end when it goes over anything slighty raised on the road. It also knocks when i turn the wheel slightly from side to side when the car is driving, any ideas anyone? Cheers!

Two possibilities - ARB (anti roll bar), or drop links, or maybe both (is that three possibilities then?).

You need to get the issue sorted as any of the above will result in a fail and a waste of money.

For an idea of prices, ARBs are £65 and a pair of drop links is around £40, both from a dealer. Changing them is around an hours labour for a garage with a lift.

Cheers,

Mike

i have replaced all of the above and still have knocking noise..????

and its getting worse!!!!

hey...mossley where's that??

its a nightmare i went to the trafford centre yesterday like 9miles there and it was awful knockin and banging :(

i asked my mechanic if he replaced all the bushes and he said they dont need replacing...surely he cant say that without doing it first??

so are u a mechanic mike?

cheers, liz.

Hi Liz
I can't believe the mechanic replaced the metalwork without replacing the bushes?! That shocks me...

Mike is certainly a skilled mechanic and has "guru" like knowlege of the A2's bits and bobs.

hey,
im loving this site already your all so helpful!!
at first he said they needed replacing but then said they were ok..??
the car was a write off so i would rather he replaced everything possible and for the money ive spent i dont expect this knocking noise!!!
i also have power steering light on which i have learnt to live with as he told me its a communication sender thats faulty and will cost over £700 plus labour :(
i will go and see mike....ive just seen his profile and he does seem to know alot!!!
just need to know where he is!!

thanks again x

I think you have indirectly answered my question Mike, I take it ARB/drop links replacement are not on 'Skipton Autos' menu?! Could do with mine replacing as the knocking etc is now very apparent having spent much of the past month driving a very quiet (but dull) Honda....... and MOT is due in August.

Back