Dead clutch

rdufton

So on my way into work yesterday, attempted to change gear and the gear wouldn't engage... Lifted my foot from the clutch which stayed pressed to the floor...

The car has done over 80,000 in it's 5 years and we have only had minor issues with sensors up until now so I guess a major fault is inevitable at some point. However I was wondering what kind of ££ I will be looking at. The garage is pricing the job today but I wouldnt have a clue what a clutch change would cost to know if it is a good price or not... :confused: Has anybody here got a clue?

Have half expected to turn up on the "was it you" pages as I passed a silver A2 going in the other direction whilst I was being towed by the AA truck... :D

Cheers,
RDufton

Clutch

Hi,

Well, on this side of the pound it is around 1500 Euro for the 75cv TDI.
That includes the clutch kit (plate, pressure plate,...) and manhours. No other replacement.

Ltr, Didier

I lucked out, then. My A2 is in the shop for clutch refurbishment (and replacing the gearbox seals, it's leaking oil through them) and I've been quoted 500ish Euro in parts and 350ish in labour. I hope I'm not in for a nasty surprise when I get the bill tomorrow.

Most likely, only the pressure plates needed to be changed in my case, not the whole clutch. I'll ask tomorrow.

clutch replacement.

Hi RDUFTON, Iv'e just had my clutch replaced (last tuesday) by my independant mechanic,
costs as follows, clutch new complete £110.00, fitting same, labour £150.00, so total job was £260.00 'all in' , the only other thing is my A2 is 1.4 petrol, 2001 reg, just getting close to 80,000 miles on clock so not to bad 'me thinks',
Cheers ALAN.

Hi RDUFTON, Iv'e just had my clutch replaced (last tuesday) by my independant mechanic,
costs as follows, clutch new complete £110.00, fitting same, labour £150.00, so total job was £260.00 'all in' , the only other thing is my A2 is 1.4 petrol, 2001 reg, just getting close to 80,000 miles on clock so not to bad 'me thinks',
Cheers ALAN.

I had my clutch replaced as well at 104500km (65000 miles) and the dearest items were the clutch disk at 150 euro and the clutch plate at 110 Euro. Labour was around 250 Euro at an Audi dealer. I had other issues that were solved at the same time so these costs are approximate.

My A2 came back a new car, a lot smoother in up and downshifts, the gearbox no longer "clacks" on shifts and on lifting power (that was probably the clutch plate - now I know what that sounds like) but the clutch bite point used to be near my knee and is now almost all the way forward - I had the throttle delay down pat with the other clutch, now the rhythm is completely different and I'm driving like a green novice!

Back