Battery light just lighting...

KneesUp

A2OC Donor
I wonder if the techies can help...? On my last trip in my 03 Tdi 75 I noticed the battery warning light beginning to make itself apparent: the odd tiny flicker - not really fully coming on - and only occasionally. It doesn't seem to be revs-related, nor does it happen only when going over bumps or 'on-power' or 'off-power'. It just seems totally random. I've checked the battery terminals and the battery, and all's good. I recently had the alternator belt done (4000 miles ago) and pullies when the cam belts was changed, as is usual. There's no belt noise. I fear the problem isn't obvious enough to be detected by dealer-diagnostics, but nor do I want to be stranded on a winter's night. Is this a known usual fault? Regulator? Alternator? I had a Stealth power upgrade a couple of months ago so presumably the alternator, belt, pully etc is taking more punishment, but that may not be the issue. Has anyone any pearls of wisdom to share on this before I hurl myself into Audi AG's dealership maelstrom? I've looked at the threads but none seem quite this specific. Many thanks.

Thanks, Spike. I'd seen that link and was hoping it might be something less... dramatic. Your time is appreciated.

Back