How do i remove the glovebox?

I am fitting a new DVD/radio and it has an auxillary box which needs to go under the passenger seat or elsewhere (boot/glovebox) and has a multicore cable to run into it. How do I remove the glovebox (is it special type screws?) so I maybe can run the cable from the back of the head unit and then under the carpet? Has anyone else done this?
Cheers guys....

5x tx 20. remove the money clip and the plastic sill cover first. 3 inside, 2 outside.
Don't do this if it's cold outside, you may well break something!

Bret

5x tx 20. remove the money clip and the plastic sill cover first. 3 inside, 2 outside.
Don't do this if it's cold outside, you may well break something!

Bret

Better wait till August then !

The way it is looking I think I maybe better off to buy a single din head-unit without any miles of cable and extra boxes...it seems every spare inch of space has been carefully used in the A2 !!

yep :)

By cold, I mean below 5 or so. If you're careful, it will work anyway.
When the 'box is halfway down, you will need to remove the power to the light switch. It's a pain and is best accomplished IMO with a swiss army knife, the very small ones. It has two arms holding it in place.

TBH, I would run the cable down the side of the centre console (remove the left-hand console cover) or try and hide the box in the centre console itself. How big?

Bret

When the 'box is halfway down, you will need to remove the power to the light switch. It's a pain and is best accomplished IMO with a swiss army knife, the very small ones. It has two arms holding it in place.

TBH, I would run the cable down the side of the centre console (remove the left-hand console cover) or try and hide the box in the centre console itself. How big?

Bret

Its roughly the same size as the head-unit. Thanks for the suggestion I will have a look at that...dont want to be making holes in the side of the glovebox...

Bret

Really struggling right now with this. How do you remove the left-hand centre console...I would need to run a thick cable up to behind the head unit and down under the passenger seat....under the carpet.....I cant get the glovebox out either, I have removed 3x t20 screws but cant see how to get any further...help!!

there are three inside and two outside. One of the outside ones is hidden below the sill cover plastic, the other is next to the centre console.

The centre console kickpanel has a single tx20 at the front, covered. it's clipped with two horizontal clips at the gearstick end.

Bret

there are three inside and two outside. One of the outside ones is hidden below the sill cover plastic, the other is next to the centre console.

The centre console kickpanel has a single tx20 at the front, covered. it's clipped with two horizontal clips at the gearstick end.

Bret
where is the cover on the tx20? I pressed something down by my right foot and the windows opened!

Back