-13 degrees, no heater.

kac2or

Ok, so I've been browsing this forum the whole day. I've read all heater / webasto related topics I think. And couldn't find the answer so far.

The problem is I live in Poland, and winters here are pretty cold. The temperature goes down to -13, -15 degrees. My A2 starts with no problems, but it's freaking cold inside. And the engine won't reach 90 degrees unless I drive for 10-15 kilometers. And the moment I stop for traffic lights it goes down to 60-70 degrees in a minute.

So my question is. How do I get this additional heater, webasto, or whatever they put in my car running? I know it should turn on atomatically when temperature goes below 5 degrees. But it's -13 now, and nothing happens. The ECON button is off and everything else works perfectly fine.

Hi Kac2or,

From memory two people have reported fixes to their faulty Webasto heater. One had a blocked fuel pipe which was cleared using compressed air and another had a problem with the diesel not being ignited and was fixed by cleaning the soot off the electrodes that ignited the diesel.

John.

Back