Flashing glow plug light and EML

Hi, wonder if anyone can advise please. I have seen a few threads that indicate a flashing coil light can mean faulty brakes, rather than faulty glow plugs. However in my case the EML light is on as well. The car seems to be running fine though. Any suggestions would be a great help, thanks

Last edited:
Hi tracybacon, welcome to the A2oc
Unfortunately this (and any other) combination of warning lights can mean many different things. To identify the problem you really need a diagnostic scan. If you are lucky, one of our members with VagCom may live nearby (see thread below) but if not its a trip to the dealers or a good independent garage with the righr gear

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4251

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Well, did a test on the glow plugs and they seem to be faulty. Unfortunately the dealer sold me the wrong glow plugs which disintegrated in my engine:mad: Seems the cataloging for my car is wrong and I have the 11v system and they gave me plugs for the 5v system..why didnt I get these from Audi just for the sake of saving a few quid I might have cost myself hundreds.

The car parts place is taking responsibility though until we are all settled up I will not rely on our agreement. BTW I got them from GSF which was mentioned on this site but they quoted the same plugs as Halfords. Seems there is an overlap of 5v/11v 1.4 TDi for my age car. Buyer beware as whoever does the cataloguing for these companies has got it wrong!

Back