The long term prospects of a remap

Swalsey

Hello all,

I'm considering a remap (1.4 TDI 75), and I have a few things I'm unsure about. If you have had one then please share your knowledge! I've done a search but there doesn't seem anything specific, and I plan to run my A2 until death (of he car) do us part!

1 - Will the remap reduce the working life of the turbo / engine / clutch / gearbox or anything else?

2 - Will a remap increase fuel consumption when driving at a steady motorway speed (assuming I resist showing up heavier cars!)?

3 - Has anybody used a place in the North? It seems Stealth are based quite far south...

Cheers!

Antony

2 - Will a remap increase fuel consumption when driving at a steady motorway speed (assuming I resist showing up heavier cars!)?

As I understand it the increase in power/torque after a remap is only the maximum values when on full throttle. So when simply cruising at fixed speed, at say 1/4 throttle, the same amount of fuel as before will be used to maintain that speed.

Hello all,

3 - Has anybody used a place in the North? It seems Stealth are based quite far south...

Cheers!

Antony

Hi Antony

On modern engines which meet Euro 3 &4 emissions levels, the injection timing is normally retarded for cooler combustion temps which reduces NOX. The remap will among other things, advance the timing for greater power and efficiency so at steady speeds where you are not actually using the extra power, fuel economy should improve by a few %

Revo have an agent in Darlington which I think one of our club members has used. Only snag is most agents don't have rolling road facilities so there is no before and after power checks or fine tuning of the base map.

Cheers Spike

Have driven down to Stealth from the North East, had my air filter changed, new discs, and pads fitted, (all four wheels) and egine remapped all in one day. The effect was brilliant!

Back