Brake disc splash shield and bolts

R0B

Does anyone know what size bolts (or part number) are required to hold the splash shield in place? my front right splash shield is missing and im assuming that these bolts wont come supplied with the part.

Thanks
Rob

hi,

sorry to renew an old thread, but how do I remove these splash plates - do I have to take the brakes, brake disc and hub off to replace them? My car failed the local MOT due to severe corrosion of the splash plates on both sides.

Thanks,

Matty

hi,

sorry to renew an old thread, but how do I remove these splash plates - do I have to take the brakes, brake disc and hub off to replace them? My car failed the local MOT due to severe corrosion of the splash plates on both sides.

Thanks,

Matty

Hi there. I replaced mine last year ( well I watched while a mechanic showed me how!) and the brakes and discs need to come off to varying degrees front and rear - its the only way to access some of the fixings.

Very surprised that corroded splash guards are an MOT failure I have to say.

They cost €18.15 in total inc vat from the Audi parts centre so not so bad. Looks like a handy enough job really - I read they are similar to the disc brakes on a Fabia and found quite a few articles covering what's required.

I'll take photos of the process when I get the chance to do the job over the next weekend.

Old thread I know but in the middle of trying to rid myself of rust but seems the brake disc splash guards have been almost completely eaten away by rust... I'm not exaggerating!

Anyone know part numbers and where best to pick up.? Cheers

I bought mine from my local Audi dealer parts dept... I don't think there were expensive and they will know the part number. It may be worth your while contacting or sending a PM to Crewe Audi ?. Before fitting I took them to be powder coated in black to try and stop the dreaded rust returning. So far all good...:)

Last edited:
Replacing disks and pads myself soon, maybe I should do the splash plates too as they often get bent and rub on the disks.
Would the front hubs have to come off too, to replace the splash plates?

Back