Climate Control Panel

hughchadd

A2OC Donor
Hi

I want to replace my climate control panel because a lot of the finish has rubbed off. I understand I need to get to some retaining screws under a piece of fascia. I don't want to go poking about and damage the dashboard. Has anyone done this? Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Hugh

Hi Hugh
The front panel on the CC unit is not available as a separate part so it would be a case of buying a new unit (must be around £400 now) or finding a good s/h one first.

Cheers Spike

Dont forget recoding, i know most audi climate control panels are coded just like the radios, think the a2 must be aswell, it is a costly replacement and the new unit it likely to have the same problem in a few years time i have considered it many a times as i have the same problem but i dont think it is worth it!!

Chris

Dont forget recoding, i know most audi climate control panels are coded just like the radios, think the a2 must be aswell, it is a costly replacement and the new unit it likely to have the same problem in a few years time i have considered it many a times as i have the same problem but i dont think it is worth it!!

Chris

I have a spare climate control panel and I have swapped them around without needing to re-code.

Hi Spike, Loudchris53 and Humps

Thank you all.

I probably wasn't too clear, but I'm going to replace the whole unit because the finish has worn off the controls. A new unit is now £509, but I may be able to get one from a breaker if I can get the existing one out, and give the breaker the part number to see if it matches what he has on the shelf.

Question for Humps; how do I get the existing unit out?

Best wishes

Hugh

PS GF and I going from Cardiff to Liverpool to see OK Go at O2 Academy. Weather forecast is good, so up the middle through Merthyr, Brecon, Builth, Rhayader, Llangurig, Newtown, Oswestry, and then back M62, M6, M5, M4. MPG rules!

hi friends.
maybe the a2 climate control panel is the same on audi a4???
pics of a4 cc panel:
clipboard01ol.jpg

ciao
antonio

Last edited:
hi friends.
maybe the a2 climate control panel is the same on audi a4???

ciao
antonio

No, the 2 are not interchangeable, but, as I've said on these pages before, the buttons can be swapped out between the 2, but you need some very fine torx drivers.

Cheers,

Mike

No, the 2 are not interchangeable, but, as I've said on these pages before, the buttons can be swapped out between the 2, but you need some very fine torx drivers.

Cheers,

Mike

hi mike.
much risky!for me the good and easy solution:make the button whit black felt-tip pen and cover whit transparent stickers...not expensive work.

ciao
antonio

An old thread, but does anyone know how to remove the existing climate control unit?

Spent the last 15 min taking the buttons off a donor unit and now need to remove the existing one to swap the buttons over.

Guess i need to remove the stereo first and access it that way.

Hi Olly

Ref my original post. I got a replacement unit from a breakers yard in Birmingham and had Swansea Audi do the work. They were reluctant at first, but agreed when I made clear that the risk was mine and I would not hold them liable if there were problems. They charged me for 30 minutes work. I understand the way to get it out is to remove the radio, and the climate control simply pushes out over four retaining clips. Guess you might have to depress the top two. There's a large multi-way connector on the back. And as far as I know that's it.

Hope this helps.

Hugh

Thanks Hugh, actually I`ve just been out in the car and figuered it out. Removed the storage tray and then pushed the unit from the back and it came out after a little but of jiggling.
Swapped. Unscrewed the front pannel and swapped the buttons over and despite the fact that my buttons are not mat black and not sattin its perfect. I think the mat black is a small sacrifice given it looks so much better than the scuffed buttons.

Unfortunately i did manage to break the sunvisor clip on the side with the wire connection for the mirror when I was trying to replace the clip of the other side..

I feel a bit of a fraud coming here, because whilst I can usually work out what needs doing (it's OS front wheel bearing on Tuesday and clutch release bearing soon) there's no way I can do anything more than put diesel in the tank, oil and water in the right holes, and air in the tyres. BTW, don't you think that CD storage tray is lame? Put anything in it, and it slides out as soon as you accelerate. I can't understand why they didn't angle it downwards.

don't you think that CD storage tray is lame? Put anything in it, and it slides out as soon as you accelerate. I can't understand why they didn't angle it downwards.

Agree its crap. Appears to be a handy location to start with but its absolutely hopeless.

I've just finished repairing my climate control panel. Matt black acrylic paint cured to wear on the negative buttons but for the others I printed some stickers and cut them to size. I left the worn off patch behind so the still light at night.

Attachments

• IMG00117-20110622-1457.jpg
    IMG00117-20110622-1457.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 520
Last edited by a moderator:
I've just finished repairing my climate control panel. Matt black acrylic paint cured to wear on the negative buttons but for the others I printed some stickers and cut them to size. I left the worn off patch behind so the still light at night.

Hello,

Would you be prepared to make some more stickers and post these for a small fee?

Yours hopefully, James

Back