Webasto

rspears

Hi everyone,

I apologise for boring you guys with more webasto problems........i'm sure your sick of hearing them now. I have had problems with getting the webasto heater to work on my 02 1.4 TDi all winter. I have read through all the past threads and tried all the suggestions to fix it with no luck. Totally dead Webasto!

Before I start to remove the whole unit to have a closer look, can anyone tell me if there is any sort of bleed screw on the fuel line to the heater and were I would find it? I suspect it may be airlocked after the fuel filter was changed at the last service. Don't know whether this is a feasable theory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is like mine, dead... I believe from my scan it could be the glow-pin / glow plug that is dirty or needs replacing. I'm having mine looked at thursday.

Hi everyone,

I apologise for boring you guys with more webasto problems........i'm sure your sick of hearing them now. I have had problems with getting the webasto heater to work on my 02 1.4 TDi all winter. I have read through all the past threads and tried all the suggestions to fix it with no luck. Totally dead Webasto!

Before I start to remove the whole unit to have a closer look, can anyone tell me if there is any sort of bleed screw on the fuel line to the heater and were I would find it? I suspect it may be airlocked after the fuel filter was changed at the last service. Don't know whether this is a feasable theory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I was going to put have you had a scan done to see if anything comes up?, have you checked all electrics, relays etc...............?

Having replaced my fuel filter i didn't have any problems, not sure that you would, unless you tried to run it without any fuel

Phil

Hmmmm..... the plot thickens.:confused: Yeah, I had a scan done about a month ago which detected nothing wrong. I have checked the fuses and all the electrical connections I can see. I'm a bit confused because the system worked perfectly last winter and other than a service by my local independant, nothing has been tampered with. Not sure about the relays though; do you know where they are located?

Hi rspears

I see you live near Bishop so you'r not too far away from me. If you would like another scan to check for new fault codes, just let me know.
I live in Dalton, nr Richmond (DL11 7HU)

Cheers Spike

It is like mine, dead... I believe from my scan it could be the glow-pin / glow plug that is dirty or needs replacing. I'm having mine looked at thursday.

Hi Richard

Did you have any luck with the Webasto repair today

Cheers Spike

Hi rspears

I see you live near Bishop so you'r not too far away from me. If you would like another scan to check for new fault codes, just let me know.
I live in Dalton, nr Richmond (DL11 7HU)

Cheers Spike

Thanks very much Spike, thats very kind. I fly off to the Canary Islands next week:D so I will leave it till I get back.

Thanks again.

Ron

Hi Richard

Did you have any luck with the Webasto repair today

Cheers Spike

No luck, mechanic said he would look at it, but he'd never seen one that small before, only taken apart larger heaters, webasto hot water heaters and caravan heaters. He said if I got the right part for it from audi or elsewhere he would try and fit it, but couldn't guarantee it and would prefer some kind of guide or manual to follow. Therefore it might be better going to audi for a fix. I have left it alone for now, its not particularly important with winter nearly gone. But will get it fixed one day. :)

For reference the error codes are:

01412 - Glow-Plug with Flame Monitoring (Q8)
27-00 - Implausible Signal

01412 - Glow-Plug with Flame Monitoring (Q8)
30-00 - Open or Short to B+

Which I believe from spike, and skipton was the need to clean dirty glow-plugs/pins or replace, but the glow-plug is not available from audi seperately nor can anyone inform me of the glow-plug type even webasto.

Last edited:
Back