Climate Control/Temp issues. Please Help!

The Dean

Hello,
I have just bought an A2(Amazing car) and have a few issues. The first issue is the temp gauge has never been above 60 since i bought it. I have drove the car continuously for over an hour and still nothing. Does this relate to my other problem? I have very little heat or wind power coming into the car through my climate control. I can hear all the fans adjusting and making the correct noises but its just nowhere near as hot as it should be even after an hour. I have read many post and understand it could be a variety of things such as temp sender unit and thermostat, its just that unlike other posts I have these two issues that could be related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hello and welcome to A2OC!

First thing to have done would be a diagnostic scan to see if there are any fault codes being thrown.

Then, replace whatever is causing the problem. I suspect your thermostat is faulty, but only a scan will tell.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the reply

Hi mike,
Thanks for the reply. I have had a scan ran on it twice by my mate who is an mechanic. Nothing came up. He said today he gonna try a temperate sensor/unit as he has a spare if not try a thermostat. I was in it today though and realised when the climate control is off the temp gauge works perfect!

Back