Aero parts; definitive list

Adrian888

A2OC Donor
i have been searching through the forum for the 'aero' parts from the 1.2 TDi to fit to my A2. I maybe :confused: however i cannot seem to find a definitive list and am now totally lost... Could someone who has been down this route put together a list of part numbers and what they are which can be posted up perhaps as a sticky for members to access with ease and clarity? Or point me at a list if it already exists!?

Bret provided this list - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=90078&postcount=24 which is not quite complete.

These are the bits I fitted to my car (I have mudflaps so did not bother with the 'winglets' ) -
8ZO 825 229 Centre tunnel cover (goes over exhaust pipe)
8ZO 825 211 Spoiler which bolts to subframe
8ZO 825 267 Plastic rivets to fasten spoiler to subframe (3 off)

A2sumo posted some good pics of the std bits which fit TDi's and the mods needed to make them fit the 1.6 fsi - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/album.php?albumid=84

Cheers Spike

Last edited by a moderator:
The winglets interest me, what is the part number for them, do you need front and back ones and has anyone got any pics of them??

Chris

Thanks Spike! I may not fit the 'winglets' as i am possibly going down the bodykit route.... I assume they will not fit/work with said kit.

I know there has been discussion about a 'DIY' rear undertray to fit (I assume) upto the rear bumper, has anyone got a template for this?

Last edited:
hi Adrian888 the part Numbers are as follows

FSI WING LETS - 8z0 853 887A & 8z0 853 888A 1 OFF OF EACH NEEDED
SCREWS FOR ABOVE-8Z0 807 300 4 OFF NEEDED
SLIM SPOILER -8Z0 825 211
PLASTIC RIVETS -8Z0 825 267 I DID NOT USE AS THEY ARE USELESS
TUNNEL COVER -8Z0 825 229

ALSO ADRIAN888 if you are going to fit your body kit you still fit the wing lets but it must be done before fitting the front body kit piece.
spike can i ask why you didn't fit the wing lets on your car with mud flaps? mud flaps are at the back of the wheel arch and the wing lets are on the front.the wing lets work with the slim spoiler to form a complete flat surface and also it aids water dispersal in front of the tyres. cheers mike

Tunnel cover is an easy job and well worth doing. Front winglets also. The subframe spoiler is a little more tricky to fit as it requires drilling into the subframe, which is complicated by the exhaust in the middle so you need an angled drill-bit. I failed to fit the sub-frame spoiler... These aero parts will certainly benefit the car at higher speeds.

There doesn't appear to be an OE rear arch winglet for the A2 and I don't know if it's possible to use winglets off other VAG cars (on another thread I've been listing them where I've spotted them and there are many). As mentioned above though, there are some people who have custom made a flat underbody panel to flatten out the space under the rear bumper, and also some people have custom made their own rear arch winglets. Patterns for those are not easily available though, so if any keen members fancy giving it a go and sharing their patterns for the common good that would be appreciated by all I'm sure!

The winglets work in conjunction with the central underbody spoiler to channel air smoothly under the car.

The holes are there (2 x split rivets and 1 x T25 screw) and you'd be well advised to fit the 3 components as a set.

Cheers,

Mike

It always make me curious why parts like the above were not fitted across the whole range, perhaps more so in the case of the rear spoiler.

On a slight tanget, do the alloy wishbones directly replace the normal ones? :eek::D

spike can i ask why you didn't fit the wing lets on your car with mud flaps? mud flaps are at the back of the wheel arch and the wing lets are on the front.the wing lets work with the slim spoiler to form a complete flat surface and also it aids water dispersal in front of the tyres. cheers mike

Hi Mike
First I (wrongly) thought they would not easily fit with mudflaps and second I thought the mudflaps would screw up the airflow in that area and minimise any improvements from the winglets.

Cheers Spike

Ill do the definative then shall I ?

Ok from what i can glean off everyone, this is what you need to complete the slippery 'aero' mods for the A2.

1 x 8Z0 853 887 Spoiler (FSI winglets) (£3.50)
1 x 8Z0 853 888 Spoiler (FSI winglets) (£3.84)
6 x AN 906 513 02 Screws £1.35 each (£6.89)
4 x 8Z0 807 300 A1E5 Rivet £0.53 each (£1.81)
1 x 8Z0 825 229 Lining (centre tunnel cover) (£18.38)
1 x 8Z0 825 211 Trim Panel (under slim spoiler) (£13.57)
3 x 8z0 825 267 Rivet (plastic) £0.73 each (£1.93)

Total price - very approx = £49.92 (plus VAT) = £58.65 :eek:

The prices are what i have been quoted today, dont ask me why the winglets are different prices? This is still a guess at what is required, please can someone amend ASAP if so.
I am keen to order the above items but will leave the under spoiler alone until i get the suspension looked at. The next stage would be to clearly get the undertray completely smooth. If someone were to invest in making a mould i think they could be onto a winner (i'm in!)

The undertray itself is one of the better aero items. Take a look at this photo of member, Rob Earl's accident - it shows the undertray to be remarkably smooth. It's the tunnel and back end that needs work:

RobEarlsAccident.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Impressive picture hope the driver was ok? Guess that was a write off? Definitely shows we need a flat panel under the rear bumper whos up for doing one?

I thought mud flaps degraded fuel economy. So I'd fit the winglets and remove the mudflaps IMHO.

Driver and passenger were shaken, not stirred! Yes, the car was written off from memory.

Will, there's economy at all costs and sensible safety precautions - mudflaps drastically reduce spray which aids visibility, especially on motorways. I see them as essential, not for my safety, but for that of others and would hope that others thought the same.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for all the replies on this. When (if...) the weather improves and i am still sat at home twiddling my thumbs instead of being gainfully employed I will have a go at making a template for a rear undertray. In the meantime i will get the aero bits ordered now!

Thanks! I am trying to work out what material was used. looks like some sort of plastic sheet with a cellular construction.

Back