Yet another very happy Stealth customer! (TDI 75 remap)

Kansai

After reading all the rave reviews of Stealth remapping, I decided to follow suit and had my A2 1.4 TDI 75 Sport remapped by Stealth on Friday.

Vince got straight to work upon arrival and after a short while came back to me and said it looks like it had already been remapped, albeit not very well. I mentioned that I'd be suprised if it had since it has only had 1 previous owner who were an elderly couple. He replied that he would be suprised if it hasn't since the first run on the rolling road indicated that it was running at 90.2 bhp. I made my way outside to make a phone call and when I came back inside, my friend was grinning all over and I soon discovered that it hadn't actually been remapped at all and that my A2 was in fact the most powerful TDI 75 that Vince had ever seen come through his doors! The new figures soon came through and Vince had managed to squeeze 114.6 BHP out of the engine! He was slightly concerned at the increased smoke emissions though and so tweaked it a little, finally settling upon an output of 113.2 BHP. The torque also saw an increase from 169.8 @ 2375 to 185.9 @ 2508. Needless to say, the drive home to Bristol was full of smiles :)

When I purchased my A2, I was a bit upset that I couldn't find a TDI 90 model that fitted my requirements, however I now feel that my little 75 can hold it's head high among the TDI 90 :)

I can only echo the sentiments of other Stealth customers and give a big thumbs up to the first class service provided by Vince; I would fully recommended them to anyone looking to get a remap.

p.s. I'll see if I can work out how to attach the power graphs later on.

Last edited:
Congratulations, a remapped A2 certainly adds a new dimension to an already great car. In the early days you may find mpg decreases, as you enjoy all the extra power, but as you settle back to your normal routine mpg should return to normal or even increase :)

Impressive standard figures, I wonder what mechanically was so superior about your car out of the box?! 113BHP and no smoke is also very good too, enjoy!

I need this too!

Hey guys, I have bought an A2 1.4 TDI in germany to pick up next week. I seriously need to re map it though, if I can get 110 bhp from that little car I'll take it!! I've just downsized from an Audi S6 PLUS V8 monster with 326 bhp and I have a Porsche 911 that weighs 900kg with almost 300bhp, hopping in the A2 will be a dissapointment as far as performance goes, but then, that is not why Im getting it...need them MPG's!!

So I've looked around some here in Sweden for a re mapping place and they charge about 600 pounds for a re map, for that kind of money I could just as well take her to UK and do it there while getting some UK love!

Is there a website for "stealth"?

I downgraded from a 300bhp S2 quattro when getting the A2, likewise the step down in performance was shattering, but that wasn't the reason for getting it. I got my A2 TDi remapped the week after buying it and it does bring a smile to my face quite often :)

Very good results:)

My my hp was 88.5 before so some 75 a2s have a respectable hp.

I am very envyous of your end result though.

Wellcome to the a2oc

David

Thanks for the warm welcome to A2OC (+ remap club :))

I can't believe how much useful information is actually on here, I'd be completely lost without it!

1 of my dipped bulbs blew on the drive back to Cambridge and after reading posts on here, I opted for a pair of Osram Nightbreaker H7. I was able to change them myself thanks to other informative posts and am now back in business, very thankful for this forum!

Re: BHP vs Torque, I'd also prefer higher gains in Torque but I shouldn't complain with my figures I guess :cool:

Although all torque and no power won't actually get you very far very fast, you need both!

Interesting how earlier TDI's (EU3) seem to get plenty of power but not much increase on torque, where as later EU4 cars don't quite get the same levels of power but lashings more torque - mine 'only' made 97bhp but now has 203 torques, I think DC's is one of the most torque 75's out there with 213lb/ft post-remap.

I remember Vince at Stealth telling me that from late 03 the cars had a different turbo which meant he could get more torque out of the later cars but less bhp - mine is a Dec 03 car and BHP of 102 & torque of 207

I too have the 1.4 Tdi 75 and would love to know where and how expencive it would be to upgrade the power out put

Typical prices are £200-300.

Stealth's website is given in post #9.

It's quite a competitive market, so shop around if you're price conscious.

Insurance

Just a quick question. Does a stealth remap require you to inform your insurance company? If so, how much does it affect your premium?

Just a quick question. Does a stealth remap require you to inform your insurance company? If so, how much does it affect your premium?

It seems to depend upon your insurance company, I've read responses from board members who informed their insurance companies and it not making any difference to the premium. I myself had to pay an extra £50-ish after declaring the mod.

I'm interested to know what sort of MPG difference your cars who have this particular chipping work done on them have compared to standard? better/worse and by roughly how much

All depends on how you use the new power. For the first two weeks after getting a remap, fuel consumption increased because I was trying out all that new found power but then when my driving settled down I saw a marginal increase in MPG. A remap also allows you to have a longer 5th gear fitted and as long as you stick to around 60mpg then mpg improves by at least 5% with less wear and tear on other parts. In a nutshell, a remap makes the A2 a completely different car to drive and as long as you drive sensibly the MPG will not suffer and may slightly improve

Back