Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removing the seats

removing the seats

disconnect the battery
    wait for 10 minutes at least

Raise the seat so the back is almost vertical.

Take the covers off the rear of the seat runners; there are two per side.

You'll need a multistar 12 (I think, I will check). There are four bolts holding the seat in place; two at the rear (under the covers) and two at the front into the crossmember.

Disconnect the cables from underneath before trying to remove the seats!

It is really, really easy.

Don't be tempted if you're putting soundproofing in to put it on top of the crossmember: if you do, the seat won't fit back in.

Bret
    Do not expect spoonfeeding, you will be disappointed.

2002 Petrol. Modded inside. 'nuff said.
    German A2 Forum Administrator.

Front seat removal

Hi there - will be changing my front seats shortly - if I disconnect battery as described ie. over 10 minutes will I lose the radio code . I have a memory saver device which plugs into the cigarette lighter and runs off a small internal battery . If I use this do you think it would be dangerous to work on the airbag system or do you reckon it would be fine or is it better to just disconnect the battery as Brett describes

Regards David
    scimmyowner

you do not need the radio code if you have an original Audi radio. Do not leave any power connected as that may be enough to trigger the airbags.

Bret

This is helpful for when I install my new leather seats in a few weeks... How long per seat would you say?

Silver 03 TDi SE and OSS.
    Mods: 6-speed 'box, Mk2 RNS-E & Bluetooth, Double-DIN, Bose + 6CD, heated SE leather & sport steering wheel, heated mirrors, cruise, komfortblinker, Koni FSDs & Weitecs, Whiteline RARB, AmD remap, 1.2TDi aero mods, twin-tone horn, DIS, rear electric windows, auto-dim mirror, cup holders!

Mine were out in around an hour, both sides. Getting them out of the car, cleaning them and returning.. another hour, no more.

Bret

Please can someone let me know the correct bit required for removing the front seats ?

Thanks in advance

You need a size 8 splined male socket. I bought a 7 piece set from halfords yesterday for 25. (That's splined, NOT Torx here are the ones I got http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...ocket-rail-1-2 )

8. Users that liked this post:

Gonzo (27-10-2015)

Very useful for me too. I have a set of sports seats awaiting the healing of my knee so I can fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by bretti_kivi View Post
    disconnect the battery
    wait for 10 minutes at least

Raise the seat so the back is almost vertical.

Take the covers off the rear of the seat runners; there are two per side.

You'll need a multistar 12 (I think, I will check). There are four bolts holding the seat in place; two at the rear (under the covers) and two at the front into the crossmember.

Disconnect the cables from underneath before trying to remove the seats!

It is really, really easy.

Don't be tempted if you're putting soundproofing in to put it on top of the crossmember: if you do, the seat won't fit back in.

Bret
    So really old post bug currently trying to decide what bolts I need to remove! I've taken the cover off but currently scratching my head. Ideas anyone? Is it the bolts in the rails that come out?
    Last edited by cheechy; 17-06-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheechy View Post
    So really old post bug currently trying to decide what bolts I need to remove! I've taken the cover off but currently scratching my head. Ideas anyone? Is it the bolts in the rails that come out?
    Yes mate, one at the back of the rails on either side and one at the front where it curls over into the carpet area.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve

2004 Audi A2 1.4 TDI 75 SE
    18x8.5 3SDM 0.05 alloys with stretched 215/35/18 tyres, Votex bodykit, Remap, Allard tuning egr delete, tailored window blinds, Lowered on H&R springs with Monroe shocks, colour coded service flap, Black mirrors, boot panel and bonnet vent, Red leather sports seats
    Red leather and alcantara doorcards with Bentley speaker grilles, RNS-E, Sport steering wheel and gearknob, Rear cupholder, cruise control, heated mirrors