Clocks - can they be repaired?

spacebar

Hope someone can help!

Having major probs with my a2.

My car refused to start, eventually tracked down to "intermitent immobiliser fault" so got some secondhand clocks off ebay in they hope I could either get them recoded or do it myself.

Looks like I might need to get a set consisting of ECU, Clocks and Keys. Which is starting to look expensive (but cheaper than buying a new car).

Anyone know if they old ones can be repaired?

Hope someone can help!

Having major probs with my a2.

My car refused to start, eventually tracked down to "intermitent immobiliser fault" so got some secondhand clocks off ebay in they hope I could either get them recoded or do it myself.

Looks like I might need to get a set consisting of ECU, Clocks and Keys. Which is starting to look expensive (but cheaper than buying a new car).

Anyone know if they old ones can be repaired?

Spacebar, the intermittent immobiliser issue I have seen is usually the coil around the ignition barrel. I have see the connector not making fully/ corroded connections or loose pins in the connector, and this causes this fault as the transponder in the key is not able to be read.

I have yet to see a faulty set of clocks for this fault.

As for coding the clocks Mike (Skipton) is closest to you and should be able to sort out a new set of transponders and code them to the new clocks for your car for you. :)

Cheers
Sarge

I can certainly do the transponders Sarge and probably code in the clocks too, IF I can get the SKC, which is not always possible for a set of used clocks.

Also, I will not be able to alter mileage to suit, so it'll only be a partial solution.

I think you're on the right track though with the coil reader suggestion.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike
I assume spacebar's car is undriveable.
If the price was right, woud you consider driving up to Sunderland to fix it. As its not been done before, I'm guessing there would be a 60 - 70% chance of success but he would need to cover your expenses even if it was not successful.

Now if any other north eastern members want cruise control fitting on the same day a plan may just come together.....

Cheers Spike

It's a possible plan and if Spacebar is willing to cover expenses in any event, I'll try my best.

However, I think that Sarge may be on to something with the coil reader issue - if it is this, then the only solution is via Audi, as the coil reader (if duff) is not available separately, only with the barrel, and this has to be cut to suit the key.

If several members want cruise/HIDs/iPod integration etc doing then a group fit may be on the cards.

Cheers,

Mike

It is defenitley the clocks that are faulty.

The old ones dont "light up" and only battery light is illuminated, needles on all dials are ticking up and down like a cheap japanesse watch.

The new clocks seem to be fine - except the immobilser light (pic of car/key) is flashing.

It's a very nice offer of you to come to S/land Mike, I'm not sure if it may just be a waste of time.

Does anyone know of an a2 been stolen without the thief using the car's key?

Back