soft touch paint

heathcliffe

Took the A2 in for its first valet yesterday. it has a beige interior. Chap reported back that some of the paint around the gearstick has come off with rubbing to hard. So after investigation I know its soft touch paint.......do they still do it in beige???? .......if not is there a colour match from say Plasticote?????......anyone wish to advise please. heathcliffe

I believe it is not a 'paint'. It is a softtouch coating applied at manufacturering time of the part. There are companies who make composite sprays with a softtouch finish, like Alsa Corp. But you'll need to buy the dye to colour match.

IIRC, the area around the gear stick is also textured softtouch. Any spray on the existing surface will not match the texture.

...I'm sure I read on another thread that Audi now sells 'soft touch' paint kits to touch up the interior parts that wear away...from memory I think the info came from one of our members accross the channel !

Being that there is a thread with this title i'll bump it. @Birchall mentioned in the headlight switch thread about soft touch paint. @J3FVW mentioned getting some professionally applied. Could this thread be updated with the sources?

TIA

The company that did my soft touch painting is called Wicked Coatings:

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk

I am an absolute stickler and I can only describe the job that they did as perfect. I bought some used interior front door handles and an electric window switch housing (the handles were no longer available from the dealers) and sent them to Wicked Coatings. They came back looking like they were brand new parts from the dealers.

Highly recommended. My point of contact from memory was a very helpful guy called Lyle. I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again in the future.

Jeff :)

I am an absolute stickler and I can only describe the job that they did as perfect. I bought some used interior front door handles and an electric window switch housing (the handles were no longer available from the dealers) and sent them to Wicked Coatings. They came back looking like they were brand new parts from the dealers.

Highly recommended. My point of contact from memory was a very helpful guy called Lyle. I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again in the future.

Thanks, wonder what I can get "water transferred" ?

I'm very interested in this. Was it for black or Twist? Is it expensive?

I do note that one activated you have to use it all within 12 hours approximately. So you either have to be wasteful or save loads of bits up and then go on a spray cost frenzy!

Back