Loss of power !!!!

charger

Hi all ,

i was using the car like normal then i lost power ie turbo power the car is making a rattling sound ? has the cat gone ?

Very much doubt it's the 'cat' - more likely something else, possibly the turbo itself.

First step as always is a scan.

Cheers

Mike

No codes

No codes found its not the turbo as it would be making a loud noise which it isnt its smoking alot of diesel ...

Well I still doubt it's the 'cat' as I've actually removed mine and it's fine. Assuming yours has broken in some way, I'd have thought the symptoms would be similar to not having one altogether.

Cheers,

Mike

Try removing the large pipe that connects to Alie tube at the front of the engine bay. See if it has any oil in the pipe could be bearing in the turbo leaking.

I would not drive the car if you suspect the turbo. If any thing goes wrong at that point may wreck your hole engine!

Be very careful and dont leave it!

It does sound like tubo problem.

Darren

Hi

I had a very similar problem in the winter, although my engine is 1.4 petrol.

As I left work one day, the car could not get up a small hill, and only managed to do about 15 mph. After re starting the car, she managed to get home, but the revs were much lower than normal.

After a lot of parts being changed at the garage, it seemed that cleaning the fuel filter and something else that escapes me at the moment did the job. At first they changed a Lmba Probe, but this did not solve the engine revs, but did put out the engine management light. So maybe if you check the filters are clean and clear it may help?

Phil

Turbo

Nope its the turbo im afraid cloud of white smoke and no power ,

anyone know if its easy to fit a new turbo ?

Have just been reading Auto Express this wk, and a question in there is similar. A 2004 Skoda Octavia TDI was running out of puff, and getting worse.

The reply was that this is a common fault on VW group TDI engines. It may have gone into 'limp home' modecausing a lower power output.. A common cause is a faluty mass air flow meter - but recomends a check first before assuming this is the case.

Hope this may be of some help!
Phil

any idea

Hi all ,

any idea what the turbo part number is for a 1.4 tdi 75bhp 2001 ?

need to order a turbo ....

Yikes, that is seriously bad. Was it not possible to re-condition the existing one? Did you get any photos of the condition of the existing turbo?
What did they say about the exhaust needing replacing too?
Sorry to hear about all this.

Back