Diagnosis/Help please!

daveolasz

I recently bought an A2, at the time everything worked ok but since then there are a few things which have stopped working that i would like to sort out cheaply.
1. The fuel flap switch inside the car stopped working so every time i fill up i have to go into the boot and open it manually...boring!
2. The warning sound to signal my head lights are on when i open the drivers door has stopped working.
3. I took it in for service and it seems the mechanic has snapped the very tip off of my dipstick (no joke!:D) of course it is now very difficult to tell oil levels and i wonder if anyone knows a place i can source a new dipstick?

I have a 2000 x-reg petrol A2 (i think SE but unsure).
Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks folks.

Welcome!

I had the same as you on point 1. I just bought a new replacement switch from Stoke Audi Parts (They do mail order) and it's a 2min replacement job to swap the switch.

Dan

That's great, thanks very much guys, i was really chuffed to find such a good owners club! Hope to make it to a social soon.

Yes the interior lights do still work when the door is opened, I think perhaps its a fuse gone, not sure.

Cheers.

Hi

Just one question. Do you get displayed on the dials that the door is open. If not it could be the sensor in the door catch.

Good luck

..same thing happend with my fuel flap....although I could hear the switch operate everytime I pressed the release button....the flap just wouldn't open. After manually opening the flap and applying liberal quanties of some grease to the flap catch it's been all good since.

Back