My A2

AlanA2

A2OC Donor
Here is a couple of pics, after a clay and polish. Alpine double din fitted after using A6 adaptor (will get pics)

a216fsi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

a2fsi16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the Alpine Double Din

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
:cool:
Good work. I'd love to have mine gone over, will probably wait until spring now.

The double din looks good, the sides and top fit very well.

Thanks, I was lucky with the weather last weekend so did install and clean over the weekend.

Alan

Cheers folks, its a very clean car and the head unit is fantastic plays video's from ipod, touch screen etc, still deciding whether to add the reverse camera, not much need for that in the A2 but a little toy.

Alan

Very nice finish...but the stereo took the limelight for me :)

1 question though if you dont mind me pestering?
Did you have to do any chopping of the A6 adpater to get it to fit in Double Din hole?

We have a DoubleDin atm and want to replace it eventually so we can hook up an iPod...just checking out the options.

1 question though if you dont mind me pestering?
Did you have to do any chopping of the A6 adpater to get it to fit in Double Din hole?

Yeah a little bit of chopping, I bought an Autoleads FP-05-06 facia adaptor, took out the centre bar with a dremel, then sized up the standard Audi stereo, and marked the area with insulating tape. Using the dremel and a cutting disc, cut along the edge of the tape. had to take off a scetion along the bottom to make it a nice fit.A little sanding and hey presto perfect fit. Hidden the bluetooth unit behind glove box.

Alan

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does anyone have pictures of an Aftermarket double din stereo fitted to an A2? Just need to see what the A6 facia adapter looks like when fettled to fit :)

Steve

I fitted the A6 Trim on my single din dash, I covered the facia in masking tape and placed a double din synthony head unit on top and penciled on the side lines as a guide, i used an angle grinder with 120 grit flap disc to take the worst off first, i then glued sand paper to 1inch x 1inch x foot long peice of hardwood 150 grit coarse one side and 320grit fine the other with evo stick and sanded the last few millimeter , i sanded it so it just fitted neatly against the dash rather than leaving a few millimeter gap like the original radio would of around the edges. I then cut out the center divider bar from the middle of the facia to turn it into a double din trim as there was more support while sanding. my trim fitted to my radio cage and is only held in place by the cage as converted single to double din and bolts directly to the alloy support frames hidden behind the dash.

IMG_1144.jpg

Autoleads FP-05-06 Audi A6 2002-2004 Single Din Fascia Facia Adaptor Plate Panel

a6 single din dash.PNG

-Gary

Perfect thanks Gary, and guide to trimming the facia is useful also.
Dusted off my dremmel so when the facia arrives will give it a go.

Just bought a Kenwood DPX-7000DAB and its sounds great....just looks a bit pants due to surrounding gap.

Cheers
Steve

Back