useless audi customers services / sulphur free fu

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shakehandsman

[15]

After reading the Audi website and various Audi press releases, telling me how great sulphur free fuel would be for an FSI Audi A2 I decided to see if i could buy it anywhere.

The site says it is being rolled out across the uk during 2003, so i phoned Audi custome services to see which companies supplied it. They told me of three companies and i phoned each of them to see when it was coming to my area.

I spent a great deal of time tring to find info from these companies (total, Shell and BP) even ending up speaking to managment at one of the firms.

Basically only one of the 3 had ever sold sulphur free fuel and that was a quick trial only in Edinburgh which had ended.

Obviously I was dissapointed so I phoned customer services so no more Audi customers were misinformed, and so they could fix their site. They weren't the slightest bit interested though they were at least polite.

I tried phoning again later hoping to find someone who knew more about the issue, and got through to the guy who was obviously the designated fuels expert in customer servcies. He was incredibly rude, refused to acknowledge that sulphur free fuel was what i needed, and as the call progressed he resorted to shouting SHELL OPTIMAX! whenever i ever said anything

I then emailed audi to express my dissapointment, they sort of apologised but refused to admit ever saying anything about sulphur free fuel.

Eventually i got a reply from the idiot who was so abusive. I sent him the urls from the Audi site and he refused to apologise but acknowledged what was on the site. He then did some "reserach" for me and told me sulphur free fuel was being introduced "this week" in Edinburgh for a trial!!! This trial actually took place not this week but in february , and the trial has long since finished (the associated press had the wrods "this week in it, but he forgot to read the date). [26]

He admitted that the statement "the new, environmentally friendly sulphur-free petrol is phased in across the UK in 2003" was wrong. He then stated that "I genuinely believe that Audi (UK) has acted
with the best interests of our customers and have provided information that may assist them now and in the future"

Quite frankly Audi customer services are a joke. I thought i'd pass on some useful info to them and in return i get a total lack of interest, rudeness, and just plain stupidity.

I really feel i should complain about this guy, but i can't really be bothered anymore. Sorry for such a long post but i wouldn't expect such nonsense from McDonalds let alone Audi.

rant over

shakehandsman

Welcome!.

Looks like you've found the caring side of Audi UK-welcome to the club!. Dealers appear to be at least hit-and-miss, but Audi UK appears to be bad most of the time.

The Shell Optimax site just says it is ultra low sulphur-don't know how low-did Shell indicate this when you spoke to them?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

no fuel companies are gonna sell sulphur free fuel in the uk until April 2005 (the tax incentives aren't interoduced until then). Optimax is not sulphur free, so not ideal for an FSI engine (though it is better than anything else)

Yes, I found Audi customers services less than helpful (to put it politely). What with rip off dealer prices and couldnt care less customer services, this is my last Audi. Pity really because it's a very good car. I wonder if Audi HQ in Germany realise this is how customers feel.

When I was corresponding with Audi UK re my problems with the A2, I copied in Audi Germany-didn't hear diddly squat from them.

Apart once when I requested a copy of their accessories catalogue-got a letter in German back saying they are out of stock, and still haven't received a copy. Some problems they are having re-printing the things-this was months ago.

Must have forgot. Bless.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I am pleased I am not the only person who things that Audi Customer services are possibly the worst most arrogant bunch of T***rs you could ever wish to deal with.

As for Fuel - you could try BP Ultimate (or whatever its called) which is supposed to haev lower sulphur levels than optimax and still has the same higher octane rating.

I only heard of the BP new fuel the other day - will investigate.

apparaty FSI engines really hate sulphur.

Many companies have stupid customer services staff - but Audi staff are both stupid and arrogant.

I can deal with the stupid, I think in the UK you become accustomed to that, but the arrogance of Audi I think is only matched by Porsche. I found Merc Uk to be very helpful in the past when I had cause to deal with them - they appeared to want to retain the customer whereas Audi do not appear to care to much.

ok for the benefit of those with an fsi audi it looks like optimax is still the best. The sulphur content of BP ultimate is still 50 ppm (same as any other fuel). Optimax is 10ppm so it's the best around by far until sulphur free arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back