Cruise Control VAG-COM activation

PoohRush

Hi! I've retrofitted a cruise control in my '03 1.4TDI (AMF). All cables are in place, however I have some problems activating it in VAG-COM. As described in the german manual, I need to login with "14463" on the ECU, in order to activate it. However when I try this, VAG-COM loose connection with the ECU. The ECU is reprogrammed with a more performace friendly software.

Any suggestions?

Regards from Norway :D

R

There is no suggestion - you know the procedure, but if your ECU won't allow you to do it, then you'll have to either revert the firmware to original, or go without cruise.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi! I've retrofitted a cruise control in my '03 1.4TDI (AMF). All cables are in place, however I have some problems activating it in VAG-COM. As described in the german manual, I need to login with "14463" on the ECU, in order to activate it. However when I try this, VAG-COM loose connection with the ECU. The ECU is reprogrammed with a more performace friendly software.
Any suggestions?
Regards from Norway :D
R
Wrong code. You should use: 11463. I had the same problem with using the manual from a2-freun.de. In that manual, they made a typo in the code. So try 11463 and you will have it going!

The Login code in the German documentation was wrong (14463) for my AMF engine. I used 11463, and voilà, it worked :D

Regards,

R

@Bobferret The cruise control handle and cable will cost you around 63 pounds (incl delivery costs) from Kunset.de. If you have an XZN12 bit to remove your steering wheel you can do it al by yourself by using this manual. Finally you have to find some A2 owner with VAG-COM to enable the CC in the computer of your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Althernatively, you can have it installed professionally and with a full 2 year warranty by someone like me!

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike, I think you are a very long way from me which is a shame because I have a few mods in mind!!

I couldn't justify the distance, also my mrs would kill me if she knew I had plans to tinker with it before even picking it up!

On the A3 it is only possible to have cruise if you have DIS. Is it the same with the A2?

Andy

Can't see any reason for that and suspect its the way they package the options on the A3.
Fairly certain it does not apply to the A2.

Cheers Spike

On the A3 it is only possible to have cruise if you have DIS. Is it the same with the A2?

Andy

No it's not - I've fitted cruise to A3s (both the old and new styles) without DIS.

On the A2, it doesn't make any difference at all - any A2 is cruise capable, although you'll never see the cruise light in the dash, as there isn't one!

Cheers,

Mike

Back