Newbie needs advice please!

Tai

Hi

I'm new to this forum, but have already found it really helpful. I'm going to pick up my A2 1.4SE at the weekend. :)

I do about 140 miles a day. My commute is 95+% motorway/dual carriageway, and I've learnt to tame my right foot, only doing a steady 65mph. Does anyone have any idea what sort of MPG I should be expecting?

I know I should have bought a diesel, but the budget couldn't stretch - Getting married next year. After that if I'm still in love with the A2, I want to trade up for a TDI with leather and glass roof, but for now I will be reaching for the green nozel. For my budget (£2700ish) I could either get a well maintained high mileage petrol, or a low or even no service history, extremely high mileage diesel. Went for the well maintained petrol. I'm not too fussed about mileage as I do around 30k a year, so got a 52, triple figure mileage SE in silver, with full service history (almost all main dealer), with very clean interior and bodywork. (plus it has the black plastic, which I prefr over the grey, and blue interior...V.Nice!)

I've always been an Italian car enthusiast, so this is my first departure to the German side! My brother thinks the A2 is a bad choice, but I love the aesthetic, plus most reviews I've read have been pretty good (apart fom poor visibility)

Is there anything specific I should look out for in general use? ALSO I read a review that said it performs better with ASR switched off??????

Wish me luck!

Oh and it has elec climate control and some loudspeaker system according to Audi customer service..they can't tell whether it is Bluetooth though. No spare wheel! :mad:

Hopefully you should see around 45-50mpg, maybe even a touch more onceweather warms up.

I think what you heard about turning the ASR off is false, it comes back on automaticly above 40mph anyway.

Hope you enjoy your new A2, you've found an excellent club here.

VonB

Thanks guys. That is really helpful!!!! 45+ sounds very good. Currently get somewhere in the mid 30's from my 2.4 turbo diesel alfa.

Can't wait to pick it up. I'm such a geek, and take ages just looking for a new phone:D. Been reading up about the A2's party tricks...should be fun!

TDi

I was lucky enough to have bought a fsh tdi with highish mileage for £2900 a couple of weeks back and it would be ideal for your kinda mileage to maybe have hung on a little for one to come up, I waited 7 weeks and looked at some right dogs before our little beauty popped up. But that said you should still see around 45-50mpg in the petrol ;)

Yeah I know Jon, but the Alfa isn't gonna pass it's MOT and it's up at the end of the month, with the tax..£££ :eek:

yeah but no but...

Nah my current car wont be road worthy come Monday, so I can't really wait! :(

Needs must

Thats fair enough mate, the petrol is still a good choice just not as frugal as the derv, but if as you say needs must, your options are limited with your budget. ;)

Back