Looking for a cheap wheel and tyre

I've been told by Audi that I have a buckled wheel which needs replacing asap. The tyre also has feathering so that will need to be replaced too. They have quoted me £378 to fix but I wondered if there is anywhere else that I can get the parts.

I've tried ebay but can only find wheels that are either full on alloys or pick up only. I've tried searching for traders and have some enquiries on parts gateway but I can't think of anywhere else to look.

My specs are:

Wheels: cast alloy wheels 6J x 16 offset 35
Tyres: 185/50 R 16 V

Any help would be appreciated.

Ebay is probably your best bet for replacement wheels - what you could do is search for A2s being broken to see if they have wheels for sale.
In the meantime you could consider fitting a standard steel wheel as a spare - any VAG steel wheel with a 5x100 bolt pattern would suffice as a temporary measure (I'm assuming your car didn't have a spare?) which will keep you mobile while you source another forged alloy?

Dan's advice is good. And if you happen to come near NW London, I have a single used, slightly old 185/50/16 tyre (Dunlop SP9000 ~5mm tread) that you can have for free.

im breaking a car with 16" alloys on it. cant remember the tyre (think they are 195) but i can do the alloy on its own for £55 with yours as an exchange to keep my car rolling (has surface scratches)- and you can get a part worn or new tyre on there at your leisure!

WOW guys that would be amazing! I'm actually going to be in Chiswick this weekend so I can swing by and collect them whenever is convenient. If you like, PM me your details (or visa versa if you prefer) and we can sort something out. This will help me out some much. Especially since I have just had to pay out £1200 for a replacement steering rack :mad:

For future reference or if anyone else urgently needs something to keep them mobile...

I've got a pair of 185/50/R16 Pirellis with loads of tread left on them. However, they may or may not have slow leaks (after seeing the state of the wheels when I replaced the tyres with brand new ones, I'm now thinking corrosion causing a bad seal was the real reason for the leaks). I've also just picked up a set of four 16" Audi wheels from ebay for the purposes of keeping my A2 on the road while getting the original wheels refurbished. Once the refurb is done the wheels with be up for grabs. Likewise the tyres once I stick them on the spare rims to prove whether they do leak or not.

WOW guys that would be amazing! I'm actually going to be in Chiswick this weekend so I can swing by and collect them whenever is convenient. If you like, PM me your details (or visa versa if you prefer) and we can sort something out. This will help me out some much. Especially since I have just had to pay out £1200 for a replacement steering rack :mad:

you could have bought one of me for £100!!

call me - 07956 209867 - will you have the buckled one with you to exchange?

Q

Once the refurb is done the wheels with be up for grabs. Likewise the tyres once I stick them on the spare rims to prove whether they do leak or not.

I'd certainly be interested. I'm eager to replace my 17s with a set of original 16s.
Don't suppose you're in Surrey are you?

Ah, you're in Egham :)
Are they in good condition? One of my 17's has a buckle, which results in a serious steering wheel wobble on the motorway. Plus, I'm not a fan of the hard ride – we have a newborn baby in the back who's being shaken around like he's at Alton Towers!

I'd certainly be interested. I'm eager to replace my 17s with a set of original 16s.
Don't suppose you're in Surrey are you?
Alas, it turned out that the eBay wheels are 5x112 PCD not 5x100 and therefore won't fit an A2 without adapters (which cost upwards of £160 for a set of four). b****r.

Back