Continuous Diagnostics Issues

trenters

Hi All

I bought my A2 3 months ago. It's a 2001 50k miles on the clock, and is a 1.4SE.

The day after buying the car the engine light came on, so took it back, and it was diagnosed with a faulty EGR valve which was replaced.

Couple of weeks later light comes back on again, so was taken back, diagnostics ran again, and EGR valve replaced again.

Few days after that light back on again, and since then i have had a new MAP sensor, lambda sensor, and yesterday the ECU re-mapped.

The light though has come back on again.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? I really want to keep the car, but im thinking that i need to get a refund. The garage up to now has been really helpful, always giving me a hire at no cost, and so far all of the works have been at there cost..

Is it worth telling them to take it directly to Audi?

Any info most welcome

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry,

Sorry your issues are continuing. It may be wise to ask for a copy of the diagnostic scan and post it so the fault codes can be identified and opinions formed.

Once you have the fault codes you may find members who have resolved similar issues.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for that.

There was an issue with fuel mix. It was running to lean...

Ive also noticed that the idle has become erratic. I had a similar problem with a BMW which ended up needing a new breather valve fitted!

Does an A2 have a similar part? I know there also known as cyclone valves as well.

Cheers

Terry

There has got to be some other underlying problem to keep needing an erg valve replaceing , like Jeff you need a copy of the fault codes as you would be able to see if the same fault code came up for the erg valve

Phil

Also, iirc, there's a breather or vacuum pipe that runs down the right hand side (left hand looking in, near bulkhead) behind/near the inlet manifold that can rub through causing various lights to come on. I can't remember who it was that found that out and posted pics...it reminds me it's probably worth wrapping mine to help prevent it :)

I think that the EGR thing is related to the lean mix, which if anything like a bmw would throw the code, and also that of the MAP and Lambda sensor.

Im going to clean the throttle body for good measure anyhow.

Cheers for the help

Back