glove box removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilmanlee

Hi,

Has anyone here tried removing the glove box.
I'm trying to change the bulb so some advice would be great.

Also, how about the rear number plate??....one of the screws has come loose and need to tighten it up....so how do i remove the boot interior??

I think you will need to hunt round for the screws in the glovebox to remove it. I did a search of the forum as I remember someone talking about the screws and this is what they said:

Don't forget to undo all the screws attaching the glovebox - including the lurker behind the coin-holder and the one way back in the footwell - it took me bldy ages to find the buers!
Mike

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)

Good luck!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

thanks for that info....

finding out how to take apart the boot interior would be a great help too...

cheers guys.

Hi Wilman
When I asked my dealer to change the bulb in the glove box it ended up with the whole box being replaced under warrantee. They needed the bar code No for the interior trim etc. I don't know if this was necessary or lust a ploy to earn more money from Audi or if in fact there was a bigger problem than just a blown bulb – seemed a bit over the top and if this is the case.
The main reason that the car went in for, was adjustment to the open sky which had only just been replaced under warrantee (£1400 for parts + 3 days labour !!). Things like this make the A2 look less like a long term proposition – thank heavens for the warrantee.

TDI SE, AMULET RED, OPEN SKY,1/2 LEATHER, BOSE. UK OWNERS PAGE 11

managed to get the glove box out and found that the light switch was broken off.

i couldn't be bothered to take it back to the dealer so i just super glued it back on....now it works fine.

and as with the number plate, i took the boot interior off to find that i didn't need to do that....instead, slide the number plate off the bracket to access the bolts.

Wilmanlee

So how do you get the boot interior trim off? I have got as far as the series of push in connectors along the bottom but could not work out how to get the top edge loose. Bottom edge gave me enough access to re-connect the link from the solenoid to the lock.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

hi, sorry for the late reply.
there are 6 or 8 clips. if you pull one side out first to see inside then you will see...then use a flat screw driver to push the clips off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back