Help with VAGCOM scan results please....

Red_A2

Hi gang,

I recently borrowed a mate's VAGCOM kit to scan our A2 as it currently has the EPC and engine management lights on. Unfortunately when resetting them, they just came back on straight away. The codes I've got are as follows:

2 Faults Found:
17809 - EGR Valve (N18): Short to Ground
P1401 - 35-00 - -
16955 - Brake Switch (F): Implausible Signal
P0571 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 1010 0101

So, I've bought a brake light switch from Audi and hope that fitting that will solve the 16955 code, but can someone help me with the 17809 code please? Where do I find the EGR valve and what does this error mean? :confused:
Has anyone else fixed this on their 1.4 petrol?
Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Gaz

guys I had the same problem, problem with brake light switch 16955. We have changed with my mechanic the brake light swtich, tried to clear all the faults from vag but glow plug light is still on.

What would you reccomend? I had check bulbs, they all the same. Fuses checked - ok.

I am slowly sick of it...

the fault is 16955 Cruise Control/Brake Switch a Circuit Malfunction - Intermittent.

I have changed firstly brake light switch - but the light stops was on all the time, so decided to buy new one original one from audi and it was ok but still light is flashing.

im sure theres 2 switches on the brake lever , ones positioned higher up above the first one, also the clutch switch is part of the cruise control too

Back