Turbo problem after new cam belt fitted

Llewelyn

I have a '52 plate A2, 1.4 tdi, and a couple of months ago had a new cam belt fitted at a local garage (not Audi dealership).

Since then, all the power seems to have drained away! Particularly on motorways when trying to get above 70, or on anything remotely looking like a hill. The other week I was driving up the M66 past Bury (v Steep hill!) where I could barely get above 40mph, even with changing down a gear, and ended up being overtaken by a mini (old style).

I've taken it back to the garage a couple of times and they haven't been able to fix it yet.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Am I missing something?

many thanks for any ideas / suggestions

MAF sensor possibly? (or an air leak after the MAF sensor?) The MAF sensors can sometimes be cleaned using zero-residue electronics cleaner spray.

If it's that, it makes it feel like only the first 1/4 of throttle travel has any effect.

That link isn't working (I think the problem is that the forum abbreviated the URL that you copied)

Had a similar problem after I changed my cambelt many years ago. One of the small turbo boost signal lines came adrift a week later resulting in a big loss of power, a consequence of lowering the engine which strains this particular pipework. These pipes (one black, one green I think) run down the back of the engine and are quite difficult to see.

Cheers Spike

Ooh, now I think about it, my turbo overboost problems also started coincidentally after a cambelt and waterpump change, and after replacing one obviously split N75 feed pipe, and then replacing the N75 itself, I've still got it. Am taking it to a garage next week as I can't spot anything else obvious but I'm sure it's one of those little wee pipes at the back. Can a working link be posted as I'd like to read that.

Back