Wipers constantly on!

letter

Hi,

One of the first problems I've had with my A2 since 2004 :)

This problem started happening yesterday. When I start the car, the wipers start and I cannot turn them off or alter the speed etc.

I've searched the forum and located the wiper relay which I have removed for now.

Does anyone think this sounds like a wiper relay problem? If so, I'll buy one and try it out! Or does it sound more like a motor problem etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Cant be the motor as you know that it works as the wipers are constantly on. It is possibly the relay, or it could be the connections playing up in the wiper stalk

John

I agree with the above. If it does happen to be the stalk there's currently one on eBay for £15, I spotted earlier.

Cheers Rob

Wild guess as I've not stripped an A2 wiper motor - if its not the relay then it could be related to a problem with the 'self park' contacts in the motor assy. After switching off the wiper they keep the motor powered up until it gets to the park position when the contacts are opened. If they stick then I suspect the motor will run continuously as soon as the ignition is switched on.

Cheers Spike

Back