NEW TO THE CLUB! Buying double din radio + Sub. !!!!HELP!!!!!

Minty

Hi all,
Im a new a2 owner and have only just passed my driving test and was wondering about the audio system in my car. I really want to put a sub or 2 in my car and a new radio in the front. Preferably a double din radio because they look nice and work well. If anyone has put speakers or a new radio in their car please tell me what you have and how well it works and please show pictures. I just really want to see how other people have dont it and how good it looks. :)

Have fun, as there are no standard speaker adaptors...... Sub? Well, at least the battery's in the boot. You'll also need to amp the speakers, so I'd think about a cheap three channel and work from there to start with. If you don't insulate the car it will also be almost as loud outside as inside, so budget some for that, too.
Maybe try a 10" or similar, I've found a decent 10 to be more than enough when pushed with 400W or so.

Bret

Yeah i was thinking that a small sub would probably do fine because most of the car is glass so it would just reflect the sound off. What would i need to get for my sub to work then in terms of speaker adaptors?

George

you say you want a double-din unit in the front .... So your dash IS already double-din? They are fairly rare, so I reacon that your's is single-din. That would mean a MASSIVE amount of work to convert to a double-din. Spend time reading through all the information on the forums! Now, it's a small car and existing systems give what I think is a quite reasonable sound!. I suppose that you might be one of those youngsters that want just as much power from the sound system as your actual engine developes? LOL! Asw I said, from experience it is possible to spend \hours looking through all the fabulous information to be had on the A2OC ..... do this, and then make your decisions as to which way you go! regards, David

Back