Door cards

Chris93

After meeting with sarge and seeing how much he liked my door cards i thought i would post some pictures up. I had them done by a trimmer friend of mine as when i bought the car they were all scratched and the plastic material on them is very hard to clean. The middle section is in alcantara and the top and very bottom is in nappa leather so matches if you have leather seats. Let me know if any of you are interested as i was going to maybe put a group buy of them forward to the trimmer if enough of you are interested

I can only let you know the price when i know how many of you are interested but i will contact him on monday and see how much he would charge normally to retrim all 4 like i had done and obviously a group buy would bring that price down

Let me know what you think and if you are interested and i will post more pics
Chris
DSC09477.jpgDSC09478.jpg

Attachments

• DSC09477.jpg
    DSC09477.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 440
Very nice :cool:

I'm not sure how I'd have them to work with blue leather but you've got me thinking...

Also, is that a chrome mirror adjuster I spy?

Well spotted, it is an a6 mirror adjuster, he can do all sorts of leather and i am sure he has blue to match and maybe even blue alcantara so it would look good

Chris

Is the a6 adjuster easy to fit? There are a lot of nice styling touches on your car chris that helps to keep the a2 looking fresh.

i too would be interested, looks like a very nice job chris

couple of questions. is the leather padded? also it looks like the door pocket is left as original (ie not covered) am i correct? also could your friend match leather other than nappa?

DV

Hi Chris,
Yes, I am very interested in this ..... I have a complete spare set of door cards and therefore wouldn't be inconvenienced while they were being worked-on. I like the idea of suede/leather ..... very classy! It all boils down to cost .... Please let me know. I will be away until the 24th September, but could access the A2OC from abroad. Regards. David

The a6 mirror adjuster is easy to fit but to remove the panel with it and the window switches in you have to press it up and the access is very limited so it is a bit of a fiddly job.

Now about the door cards, he is a professional trimmer so has access to many types of leather available to him and I am sure he could match the grain from a sample or maybe a photo. I will contact him on Monday and get some prices. He is based near Oxford so you could either ship them to him or go to his workshops. I am sure he will be pleased to hear about all this interest!

Chris

Hi Chris,
Yes, I am very interested in this ..... I have a complete spare set of door cards and therefore wouldn't be inconvenienced while they were being worked-on. I like the idea of suede/leather ..... very classy! It all boils down to cost .... Please let me know. I will be away until the 24th September, but could access the A2OC from abroad. Regards. David

Now I'm interested to.
David, when you're spare cards are done and exchanged, if possible, you can then trim the originals and take them to NL for me? When you are on your route again :)

Louis

Btw, lets keep in contact for a coffeebreak on the 23rd. near Dordrecht

Damnn, realize now that my car is opposite from yours, so that exchange wouldn't go that easy :(

Last edited:
ooh i really like them...im up for a price on a set of door cards-would he also offer leather re trim of seats?

He could do retrim on seats but when i asked it was several thousand so i got a used set instead

Chris

Really??

I had a quote from trimstar a while back and they quoted me around £900 - £1000 for all four seats, door cards and gear gaiter and handbrake handle and steering wheel.

Several thousand sounds a bit OTT.
John

Yep but trimstar buy leather in pre cut and ready to put onto the seats whereas a trimmer has to buy in hides which are very expensive and have to be hand cut, hand stitched etc

Chris

Right, i have spoken with the trimmer and sent him some so he can price it up exactly, i have asked him for the best price for 4 so we shall see what he comes back with. I have also let him know that there are several people interested so it would be a group buy

I will keep you posted
Chris

Yep.....Thanks from me too......

Although my wife will take a kitchen knife to various bits if she finds out before I sell some of my (as she puts it ) "rubbish".

I had a quote from trimstar a while back and they quoted me around £900 - £1000 for all four seats, door cards and gear gaiter and handbrake handle and steering wheel. Several thousand sounds a bit OTT.

Agreed. I had a similar quote ( wee bit more) from a place Glasgow Audi use for the same workload. I saw their work and it looks OEM.

The trimmer Chris uses sounds really top end and the finish on the door cards looks most impressive. It'll be very interesting to see what can be done on a price for the door cards, but I fear on the basis of several grand for a retrim that it may be expensive. Hope you prove me wrong Chris!! :);)

The a6 mirror adjuster is easy to fit but to remove the panel with it and the window switches in you have to press it up and the access is very limited so it is a bit of a fiddly job.
Hi Chris,
Do you have the part nr. of that A6 knob by chance ?
It's a very nice little touch :)
And are the badges on the doorcards some "Audi Exclusive" ones ?
BTW, I've seen windows switches with chrome edges (the place where you put you finger, so as a bonus you don't rub the soft touch paint). I wonder if some similar with "aluminum" edges do exist...
Regards,
Fabrice

Chris, I got your PM. The work on your door cards looks excellent, however I believe that £750 for the 4 cards will place this outwith most members budgets. I must thank you however, as your thread has inspired me to make some more enquiries into this and do some more research - I was on the verge of having the work done before our wee one came along in 2008 and thereafter it's fallen off the radar completely.

I have now been in touch with a firm in Livingston, Scotland, who have an excellent reputation and have done an A2 before if you look through their gallery of cars:

http://www.transcal.co.uk/

I have a quote of £1200 plus Vat for my 'ideal' spec of leather in black with silver inserts on the seats; plus silver leather inserts on the door cards. I think my wait for the ideal set of used seats will be a long one - this is made more awkward when I have bench seats and many that have come up have the older style seat belt config with centre lap belt instead of a proper inertia reel - so I'm going to go with a retrim next spring when I save the pennies and convince the boss (it'll probably cost me a holiday in the sun) - you only live once ;)

Livingston is just too far away from most members to make it worthwhile asking for a group discount.

Thanks again for lighting the spark again Chris, and hope all goes well for anyone who goes for the door card mod - can I have your lottery numbers please? :)

Last edited:
Back