Site Hosting required

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi folks,

Our hosting provider can no longer accommodate our site - so I'm first checking the community to see if anyone is able to host our site? It's a LAMP setup - so requires Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP + ImageMagick/GD support. Please send me a PM if you are able to help.

Failing this, any recommendations for good value hosting would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Can't offer any free hosting I'm afraid, but the guys hosting my (very small) website have been brilliant so far - cyber host pro

Last edited by a moderator:
while I can't offer any hosting solutions but I'll be more than happy to financially contribute towards the move.

Thanks for all the kind offers of help. I'll get some figures together over sizes and bandwiath requirementa and will respond to the various posts and messages that I've received.

Ben

Ben, I've used Hostpapa Linux hosting for a couple of real estate sites for the last few years and have been more than happy, they don't charge the earth either. let me know the bandwidth and database requirements when you have them and I'll see if I can help.
regds, Neil

Some stats for the site:

DB size ~ 160Mb
Image archive size ~ 800 Mb

No idea about bandwidth - as it's not something our current host measures for me.

The site attracts about 250K page impressions per month / 45K visitors mostly on home page or a single forum page - make of that what you will.

Ben

sounds like a very low bandwidth requirement, I know there are some not-for-ptofit hosting services in the US which are very low cost. Not heard of similar things in UK. But it sounds like it should be too expensive on commercial hosting.

Fancy this? https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers
If so.. hooray! If not, you're looking for someone who can step through that to help you. I can't recommend anyone as I have no experience with vBulletin and I'm a novice with Linux / Unix environments. However, I've been happy with Simple Helix as a host for an ecommerce site and our club forum. Might be worth asking their sales people if they can help - 20 dollars a month and has root access. I've used them for a couple of years or more now, reliable enough, not blazingly quick but you get what you pay for. Support is pretty good, usually a few hours to reply.

I just remembered - my DNS hosts Zerigo have VPS server plans and they're really switched on there, proper techies. I bashed a few keys and got a LAMP server working on Ubuntu and like I say, I'm a novice.

Maybe a bit late

Hi,

Maybe a bit late. as I dont often visit the forum as my A2 is very reliable, and was on hols at the time of the meet this years Wicksteed Park meeting, or I would have bought my A2 up for the ride and a good day out again.

I can offer you hosting for Free. We are a small Company in the Midlands who offer bespoke web design and hosting services. We rent a couple of vps servers and am sure I can find you room on one of them.

All I would ask is a small link in the footer to say that we are providing the service.

Contact [email protected] if you are interested.

Regards

Kev

Back