dunny

Just had the motor ( 1.4 TDI) serviced, Oil, filters, the usual, and when I took her back found that when left to stand for a few hours she was difficult to start, plenty of spin from the starter motor but needed to be cranked for quite a few times, and then she would stutter a bit and then run fine. I say fine, but I was sure she lacked her usual "Sparkle". Had a quick check on the Club web site and was pointed to the fuel filter, Took her back to my Engineer and explained the problem, and although he was sceptical he agreed to fit a New Audi Fuel filter, to replace the the none Audi part, and guess what ..................................problem solved and I left my engineer shaking his head in disbelief, Moral of this story ....................changing the fuel filter?? .............pay the extra and use a genuine Audi part !!
In closing is there a list of Items that when changed should be Audi parts to save potential hassle? :)

not quite true. Suspension parts could be aftermarket and I dare say there's a couple of other things.

Bret

Back