Drivers inside door handle stopped working

Rhian

A2OC Donor
Hi,

Just today my interior drivers handle has stopped working completely. There is no resistance when I pull the handle. The exterior door handle works fine and all doors un/lock when using the fob as do the windows.

I always use the deadlock button when im driving (due to someone trying to get in my car while stopped at traffic lights). So when I went to open my door, I opened it once to release the deadlock and then again to open it. However this time, I opened it to get rid of the deadlock and it felt as if something snapped/came off inside. Then realising I couldn't get out! Lol.

So I've found a guide to take the door panel off however I'm unsure of what exactly I'm looking for once it's off?

Does this sound like the microswitch?

Thanks in advanced,

Rhian

Thanks Bret and Spike.

Took the door card off today to have a look and it turns out the door latch cable has snapped. Photo should be attached.

How easy is it to fit a new one or would it be better to take it to a garage for them to do it?

Do you know the part number I need?

Thank,

Rhian

photo-1.jpg

The cable in question is called a Bowden cable and a new one from Audi is less than a tenner. If you've got as far as taking the door card off, then I'd say it's a job you could do yourself - follow the cable through the ally panel and you'll see it hooks into the door latch - not rocket science and you'll just need to remove a few more screws to get behind the aluminium panel (which is also sealed with a bitumen type bead).

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Bret and Spike.

Took the door card off today to have a look and it turns out the door latch cable has snapped. Photo should be attached.

How easy is it to fit a new one or would it be better to take it to a garage for them to do it?

Do you know the part number I need?

Thank,

Rhian

photo-1.jpg

Its not that hard but you will have to remove the inner panel and i think you can then get to replace the cable without removing the catch.

I did do a door catch replacement thread but on the front door didn't take that many photo's or as good an explination as for the rear door but you could look at both as it would give you an idea of where and what you are look at and for

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?7722-Door-catch&highlight=

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?13246-How-to-replace-rear-door-micro-switch

Hope this helps any Q's drop me a PM or post on the treads and i'll try to help

Cheers Phil

Hi
My drivers door cable is broken so I brought a new one from Stafford Audi £11.94 which included £3 P&P. Not bad I thought.
The door card came off easily as did the old cable but I cannot see how to fit the new one into the lock.
Do I have to remove the lock or is it possible to thread it into the slot in the lever some how?
I have tried and failed and wonder if removing the lock would be best?
If so does the handle have to come off as well?
Thanks Peter

Hi Peter, I emailed you a lot of information yesterday to help you, please go through it all to find what bits are applicable to you, hope it helps

Sarge

Back