Thread: Genuine A2 Bose Subwoofer

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Genuine A2 Bose Subwoofer

Doing a clear-out and forgot I bought this years ago but stuck it on a shelf instead (as you do). It's just the big sub-woofer that sits under the boot floor, no control boxes, but is quite a rare item. I have no idea what it's worth so if anyone is interested please send me a PM in the next week or two before it goes on a popular auction site!

tks

J

Liked 238 times in 128 posts
    A very rare item indeed! I'm sure it will be snapped up. If anyone is tempted, the new price was about 160 when I bought mine.
    It may help the sale if you confirm if you bought this new or used as the not uncommon dampness issue in the boot can affect this component. Now secure this bit of kit and you have the harder task again of finding the amplifier and speaker grills. Good luck modders!

Liked 121 times in 52 posts
    Well, I was quite lucky some months ago.
    I was able to buy a complete Bose kit for humpy, INC grilles in black.
    Yet another project ...

Blue skies
    tony
    humpy
    2002 (51) Black TDi 75 SE
    17" QT alloys, front storage tray, Votex rear spoiler, A2Pilot, winter pack, FBMFSW, aero wiper, underbody aero enhancement, FSD's, weitec -30 fr springs & SE rr, ATE PowerDiscs, smoked side repeaters, re-mapped, EGR delete, komfortblinker, Black Leather/Alcantara sport seats, DIS, auto-dimming mirror, illuminated vent wheels, 42 litre fuel tank, Pentagon SupaGlass, slatted grille, BOSE, rear electric windows, RNS-E, OEM BT, reverse cam, PDC, headlamp washers ...

Liked 97 times in 66 posts
    Where on earth did you get the rear grilles from?! Argh!

Silver 03 TDi SE and OSS.
    Mods: Mk2 RNS-E & Bluetooth, Double-DIN, Bose, 6CD changer, SE leather & front heaters, leather sport steering wheel, heated mirrors, cruise , komfortblinker, Koni FSDs & Weitecs, Whiteline RARB, AmD remap, 1.2TDi aero mods, 0.659 5th gear, twin-tone horn, DIS, rear electric windows

I sing in one of the world's finest choirs the Vasari Singers

Liked 238 times in 128 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_b View Post
    Where on earth did you get the rear grilles from?! Argh!
    Obsessive behaviour emerging from our Dan when it comes to Bose speaker grills. I think we have to form a search committee to get him the rear set before his health suffers!!

Did you ever consider buying the decals and fixing them to the standard rear grills as I have done? It looks fine as an interim.

Thread swerve apologies - back on track - OP's selling a Bose Subwoofer - discontinued stock and 160+ new.

Liked 97 times in 66 posts
    I have bought the logos, but I have manual rear window winders and they would foul against the logos, unless I took a dremel to the grilles and cut some holes in them, which I've not committed to do yet!

Back on thread - Bose is a lovely improvement to the OEM sound system.
    Quote Originally Posted by murdo View Post
    Obsessive behaviour emerging from our Dan when it comes to Bose speaker grills. I think we have to form a search committee to get him the rear set before his health suffers!!

Did you ever consider buying the decals and fixing them to the standard rear grills as I have done? It looks fine as an interim.

Thread swerve apologies - back on track - OP's selling a Bose Subwoofer - discontinued stock and 160+ new.

Silver 03 TDi SE and OSS.
    Mods: Mk2 RNS-E & Bluetooth, Double-DIN, Bose, 6CD changer, SE leather & front heaters, leather sport steering wheel, heated mirrors, cruise , komfortblinker, Koni FSDs & Weitecs, Whiteline RARB, AmD remap, 1.2TDi aero mods, 0.659 5th gear, twin-tone horn, DIS, rear electric windows

I sing in one of the world's finest choirs the Vasari Singers