Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen/spotted this?

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Anyone seen/spotted this?

Hi,

Has anyone seen this ad up on auto trader?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...92ba?logcode=p

Any thoughts from anyone, would it be worth considering as a project looking at mileage (if genuine) of course, or is it just too expensive to repair?

Liked 50 times in 31 posts
    Given the mileage (cambelt due?) and lack of MOT I think its a bit borderline. 1500 and someone with good spanners skills could have a bargain, 2k could soon become 3k plus if you have to use your local friendly garage with everything at plus 20% VAT. maybe someone near to the car could give it a once over and report back to members?
    eh tu

Never argue with an idiot......they will always beat you with experience!

Liked 191 times in 98 posts
    Hi looking at the pictures it has had a front end collision as both sides have distorsion from the chassis pushing them-also the arch inner has been smashed. so the location of the power steering pump being right behind the bumper i would say that its a good bet its damaged and not cheap. It does have a floppy wiper arm though! the painted bottom of the car is not everyones taste though. 1500 as adrian said is about right-infact i think that is what i remember it being on ebay for.
    "your the guy with the red A2 right?" thats correct Allan infact i have a yellow one now too!
    next social is AUDI DRIVER INTERNATIONAL SHOW 11TH OCT. pm me ideas for consideration please

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

Funnily enough I like the colour coded look, thinking of doing the same with mine, cheaper than a body kit!
    eh tu

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
    I don't mind the colour coded look either, does look quite smart! By the sounds of it I thnnk this may be a a bit more bother than first thought. I'll keep looking, I have spotted this:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ry-item-full-5

Gumtree does put me off some what as all the ads look dodgy.

It doesn't have aircon, look at the interior photo, looks like rotary dials which denotes no climate = no aircon! Otherwise might be worth a look although they would do their credibility and selling success a power of good if they had a photo of all the service bills and stamps..... ask them to photograph the service stamps etc and see what they say/do.....
    eh tu

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
    I noticed the air con issue too, but if it's all legit then I maybe willing to compromise. I'll see, need to get rid of the wife's lump first though!

Liked 380 times in 206 posts
    I think the sale is probably genuine, but the add does have a few (perhaps unintentional) errors. The car doesn't have air conditioning, nor does it appear to have cruise control.

Tom
    A2 Retrofitting Service Offered: Cruise Control, Bose, Rear Electric Windows, DIS, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Rear Speakers, Front Fog Lights, Lumbar Support and much more...

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
    I've contacted the seller of the second car and it didn't build any confidence in me. However the first has been advertising here and there and dropping and raising his price no end, I think I'll stay away from both.

After missing out on TDi this weekend I think I'm going to take a look at the following, just dropped the price too. Anyone seen this as it's been up a few weeks.

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classif...27bn?logcode=p

Liked 190 times in 121 posts
    Well, it actually has correctly listed info for air-con - that's a start!

At 10 years old it's probably due its 2nd cambelt change - if the 1 owner from new story is to be believed that's quite nice to know and I think it looks really nice in red. Although where are all the centre caps?! Wonder if the "full service history" is Genuine Audi?

Silver 03 TDi SE and OSS.
    Mods: Mk2 RNS-E & Bluetooth, Double-DIN, Bose + 6CD, heated SE leather seats & sport steering wheel, heated mirrors, cruise, komfortblinker, Koni FSDs & Weitecs, Whiteline RARB, AmD remap, 1.2TDi aero mods, 0.659 5th gear, twin-tone horn, DIS, rear electric windows, auto-dim mirror

I sing in one of the world's finest choirs the Vasari Singers