Thread: Alloy Wheel 16" (Standard wheel from 2003/52 plate 1.4 Petrol SE model)

Liked in one post

WANTED URGENTLY: Alloy Wheel 16" (Standard wheel from 2003/52 plate 1.4 Petrol SE)

REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY! GOOD MONEY PAID!

As shown in the photo attached, I urgently require a wheel exactly like this. It has transpired that a previous owner had badly curbed the alloy on the inner edge, and now I need to either have it repaired (if it's possible to do so) and/or replace it.

My wheel is (I believe) the standard wheel fitted to all SE models 52 plate/2003 cars and is 16inch with 185/50R16 tyres - of course if your wheel has no tyre, that's ok, if it needs a new tyre, that's ok, if it has the wrong size tyre, that's also ok - but obviously it would be preferable and great if it already had the right size tyre that didn't need replacing.

Would prefer to collect from Herts/Beds and Bucks regions if at all possible, but if a courier isn't too expensive, then I would consider paying for that too of course. I'm based at St.Albans so within easy reach to North London areas too.

Any help anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-13-118.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	9057
    Last edited by jonbad; 13-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Liked 28 times in 20 posts
    I think the courier would be around 8 if you use someone cheap (e.g., parcels2go or many others). Just don't use parcelforce.
    2002 1.4 TDi 75 SE OpenSky 6M/0.588

VW Fuel saving tips

Liked in one post
    Thanks for the tip Mike, though I think you meant "Parcelfarce"

Liked in one post
    *Bump*

Can anybody help? Or even a space saver?

Liked 70 times in 46 posts
    Hi, i have one with tyre.
    The alloy is in good condition. Tyre is borderline legal thats about 2 to 2.5mm.
    email me on a2@ukeat.com and happy to send pics.
    Payment via bank transfer 60 plus delivery.

Only reason for selling is i have bought a set of these alloys that i need to refurb for winter tyres. So currently i have 9 of these alloys, of which only four will fit on the car at a time!
    Car 1: 2003 1.6FSI, Awsome GTi fitted FSD dampers and Weitec 30/30 springs with rear anti-roll bar, Skipton Cruise, HEL brakelines and ATE pads.

Car 2: 2002 1.6FSI SE with leather, OSS, cruise, DIS and in need of some TLC to make it fantastic again.

http://db.tt/Nyyb75g

Liked in one post
    Thanks, reply sent :-)

Liked 70 times in 46 posts
    You have mail! Tyre actually has more tread than I remembered, but then unlike one of my mates, I dont judge a tyre by how many threads of the carcass are showing!
    Car 1: 2003 1.6FSI, Awsome GTi fitted FSD dampers and Weitec 30/30 springs with rear anti-roll bar, Skipton Cruise, HEL brakelines and ATE pads.

Car 2: 2002 1.6FSI SE with leather, OSS, cruise, DIS and in need of some TLC to make it fantastic again.

http://db.tt/Nyyb75g

Liked in one post
    All sorted now thanks to CHB.
    And a pleasure dealing with you too.

Edit 23/04:
    Wheel arrived today courtesy of HDN c/o Parcels2Go.com, absolutely perfect condition and CHB was even kind enough to include the centre cap! Actually, apart from it being lovely and straight, it doesnt even seem to have a scratch on it so am well chuffed as it's so much nicer than the scabby alloy that the car had when I bought it (I did however use that as means to knock the price down a little)! Anyway, thanks again CHB - a pleasure dealing with you.
    Last edited by jonbad; 23-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.