Thread: Interior Steam Clean

Liked 7 times in 5 posts

Interior Steam Clean

Can any one recommend or advise on steam cleaning the interior of an A2 in Black cloth?

Liked 3 times in one post
    Yes , i regularly use a steam cleaner on my beige cloth seats. Has pretty good results, dries without water marks and removes the blue-ish tinge the driver seat tends to take on from my jeans!

You won't have that problem with your black interior but should remove any marks...I'd be much more inclined to use a steam cleaner than any upholstery shampoo. I try to avoid getting the seats too wet but do cover the whole area of the seat.
    was 2001 1.4 in Cobalt Blue
    then 2001 1.4TDI SE in Jaipur Red (orange)
    & then 2003 1.6FSI SE in Brilliant Blue with 'jive' interior, rear bench and later 'slatted' service grille. Now sold

Liked 7 times in 5 posts
    Hi david thanks for your reply, I did attempt to steam clean a couple of years ago but ended up with watermarks on the seats, it may have been a poor quality steam cleaner, which type do you use? as I think I`m going to have to do a bit of research to find a suitable cleaner

Liked 3 times in one post
    It's a Polti Vaporetto similar to this one:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polti-PTGB00...421422&sr=8-21

Not that cheap but comes with different attachments and is really useful for all sorts of cleaning jobs about the house! It uses some towelling cloths over some attachments which you can wash or buy replacements for. It's a bit industrial but pretty effective.
    was 2001 1.4 in Cobalt Blue
    then 2001 1.4TDI SE in Jaipur Red (orange)
    & then 2003 1.6FSI SE in Brilliant Blue with 'jive' interior, rear bench and later 'slatted' service grille. Now sold

Liked 122 times in 53 posts
    I fitted a set of black leather/alcantara sports seats to my car.
    I brought in a professional carpet cleaner to clean the alcantara sections.
    Excellent job, look like new and the smells are gone. Now to polish up the leather sections.

blue skies
    tony
    humpy
    2002 (51) Black TDi 75 SE
    17" QT alloys, front storage tray, Votex rear spoiler, A2Pilot, winter pack, FBMFSW, aero wiper, underbody aero enhancement, FSD's, weitec -30 fr springs & SE rr, ATE PowerDiscs, smoked side repeaters, re-mapped, EGR delete, komfortblinker, Black Leather/Alcantara sport seats, DIS, auto-dimming mirror, illuminated vent wheels, 42 litre fuel tank, Pentagon SupaGlass, slatted grille, BOSE, rear electric windows, RNS-E, OEM BT, reverse cam, PDC, headlamp washers ...