Door lock fault, but they all work fine?!

jonbad

Left rear door lock seems to throw up some faults, but as far as I can tell it operates 100%, i.e. it unlocks and locks every time, just like all the others. So why the fault? Any clues would be much appreciated.

Address 46: Central Conv.
Controller: 8Z0 959 433 AF
Component: Komfortgerát TBD 1210
Coding: 06859
Shop #: WSC 02154
2 Faults Found:
01561 - Left Rear Door
59-00 - Can't Unlock
01561 - Left Rear Door
61-10 - Won't De-Safe - Intermittent

almost certainly it is microswitch. Try squirting WD40 into the door lock mechanism and repeat some open/close to let it work a little. Clear the code and see. Otherwise, buy new door microswitch and follow the instructions on the site to change them.

microswitch?

tony

Thanks Tony, any clues as to where this might be? I've just had a look at a plethora of parts diagrams on VAGCAT and cannot find any mention of microswitch as far as I see.

Edit: And thanks Humps, I'll give that a go tonight and see how it goes.

Last edited:
The microswitch is an intergral part of the door lock mechanism. If thats the issue, then im afraid you will have to replace the entire lock, which, although not difficult, is time consuming. You need to remove the upper door frame with the window glass to gain access to it. Phil (grim reaper) has posted a brilliant "how to". Before you embark on the excercise though, close all doors, do not lock the car and wait for the interior lights to extinguish. Then open the door that is at fault, you can be sure its the microswitch if the interior lights do not illuminate.
Let us know how you get along.

blue skies
tony

Thanks again Tony, I'll try that and report back... though it may take a while as it is an intermittent fault.

Back