Engine De-Coke - as seen on wheeler dealers jaguar xk8 - FSI owners

Cliveski

Did anyone see Wheeler Dealers tonight? something was shown which might be of interest to FSI owners . .

Edd China used a new machine (Fuel System Decabonizer) where compressed air forced some highly refined fuel into the injector rail and the engine ran on that fuel for the cleaning process (it took about an hour). Whilst the engine was running on said fuel it cleaned from the engine to the end of the exhaust system "like colonic irrigation for the engine" pre-combustion and post combustion.

New technology being rolled out at the moment, cost around £70 dependant on engine size. Seemed to do the trick on the Jaguar. You can view that part of the programme online (webisode 3).

Seems pretty reasonable to me, it is basically running the engine on carb cleaner which is what you'd likely use if you took the cylinder head apart to clean it anyway, so it does make sense to me. I imagine many engines would benefit from this, esp us with our A2s which all seem to get gummed up throttle bodies, this is bound to help.

Just doing a very brief google search though, not seen/found ANYWHERE that offers this service as shown in the video.

For those looking for the link, here it is:
http://www.discoveryuk.com/video/share/uk/wheeler-dealers-webisode-3/

Hi I also watched with interest but unfortunately this would only really do half a job on fsi a2's due to the engine being direct injection. The main problem with direct injection is carbon build up on the inlet valves due to no fuel washing the oil mist from crank case breathing and egr soot.
If they were to adapt the device to enable a product simular to sea foam to be drawn into the inlet assembly whilst doing the fuel service then this would overcome the short fall in design. Another issue would be getting the "fuel" up to the pressure that our high pressure fuel pump would deliver unless the "product " is safe to use in the fuel pump?
Interesting to see and the price I thought was very reasonable if it has lasting results.
Cheers mike

I thought he plugged it into the injector rail and also set the pressure with the machine to simulate the HP fuel pump? Might have to rewatch it now! hehe.

On the same subject, but a different method, has anyone tried this?

http://www.ecotek.eu/PowerBoost.htm

Seems ok and is a similar solution albeit the issues that Mike (a2sumo) mention would apply with this method, but at least it would give a good clean to the other inlet areas.

On the same subject, but a different method, has anyone tried this?

http://www.ecotek.eu/PowerBoost.htm

Seems ok and is a similar solution albeit the issues that Mike (a2sumo) mention would apply with this method, but at least it would give a good clean to the other inlet areas.

Its the same as wynn's dip3 treatment described on this forum somewhere. I found it useful and its for valves cleaning as you put it into the air intake.
The method showed on a video is different.

Back