My 5-year old daughter is so kind....FBMFSW

Hooley

A2OC Donor
Ok...first off, thanks to Tony (hotstuff).

I spent a bit of time yesterday chatting and test-driving his car (and reciprocated) and I was admiring his steering wheel. He mentioned that he sort of wished he had the version of the Audi wheel with the buttons so he could mod to get the buttons to work (seems a lot of work for a car without this to begin with)
Got home last night, fed and bathed the kids, waved my wife off as she went to the cinema (dodgy looking French film, no bullets, explosions or gory deaths so not interested) and settled the children down in front of a bit of TV before bed-time.

Things were quiet so I and thought I would grab my iPad and look at eBay to see what the costs of a premium but of Audi-ness would set me back.

After about 10 minutes i found an airbag-less one from a 2007 TT that was 'buy-it-now' for £100, so being a kind A2-er i thought I would text Tony and let him know.
I wandered off to the kitchen, grabbed my phone and text Tony, gave one of my dogs a treat to keep her quiet and wandered back in to find my daughter with iPad in hand, a smile on her face saying she had got me a present, then handed me the iPad and it was on the final page of the purchasing saying 'thank you for your purchase'

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

Anyway....
Here's what i've just been bought:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200753792724?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Anyone know of a cheap airbag that would fit?

:cool:
J

Oh and also ordered some Weitec -30 front springs last night ( i meant to do that) and have just got a delivery in with new top-mounts, bearings, Myele HD drop-links and bumpstops.
Looks like i'll be doing my front FSD's soon...
The Recaro seat bases have been welded, so just a matter of time...

Last edited:
Aawww guys, I'm blushing.
Good bye (purchase) on that steering wheel Jason, you had me going there for a while ;).
Now you must get the airbag and sort the loom out ...
Think it best that you make this purchase.

blue skies
tony

Ok...first off, thanks to Tony (hotstuff).

After about 10 minutes i found an airbag-less one from a 2007 TT that was 'buy-it-now' for £100, so being a kind A2-er i thought I would text Tony and let him know.
I wandered off to the kitchen, grabbed my phone and text Tony, gave one of my dogs a treat to keep her quiet and wandered back in to find my daughter with iPad in hand, a smile on her face saying she had got me a present, then handed me the iPad and it was on the final page of the purchasing saying 'thank you for your purchase'

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

This made me laugh!! :) I have to admit I'm quite tempted by a flat bottomed TT MFSW. I have the original A2 sport MFSW fitted as standard. I wonder if I will be able to reuse any of the standard MFSW harness with a TT steering wheel?

Cheers Rob.

I've never seen the original A2 sport MFSW. Any photos?

Cheers,

Tom

Photo here as promised :) Having looked into it a little, I think swapping the original A2 MFSW for a TT flat bottomed will be made considerably easier, because of the already in place CAN wiring between the steering and radio. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the airbag, as I believe there maybe an issue with a two stage trigger system that is used on the TT's and other models but was never used on the A2.

A2 MFSW Photo.

Cheers Rob.

Thanks Rob! I have seen that before, though assumed it was from the SE due to the 4-spoke design.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Rob! I have seen that before, though assumed it was from the SE due to the 4-spoke design.

Cheers,

Tom

Sorry Tom, you're right. It is from the SE, I was getting A2's mixed up! There are three on the drive at the moment :)

Cheers Rob.

Ha! I once had 3 A2s at my house for a period of a few months, so I know that confusion. All 3 of them were black, so that didn't help to distinguish between them either. :p

Tom

Back