Got my alloys refurbed!

Adam_A2

Hi all
Just had my 17" sport alloys refurbed as they were getting really bad. all 4 had scuffs scratches and flat spots and were really affecting the ride on my car. So they've been dipped and stripped back to bare metal, straightened out and resprayed.
I'm really impressed with the results, they look like new :)
In fact they put the rest of my car to shame, I must give it a good clean as soon as this rain stops.
Just thought I'd recommend the very pleasant man who did the work for me for any of you who are in the Lichfield, staffs area! (not sure if any of you are local)
But anyway, the guys name is Russ and his company is called Dr Alloys. He's really reasonable and does a great job (as my pic shows). His number is 07977 442289 if any of you are interested.
Btw, I'm not affiliated with him, just a happy customer.
Cheers
Adam
A2 Wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. It makes an enormous difference to a car when the wheels are clean and fresh. Your challenge now us keeping them that way. Kerbs have a thing against these 17 inch wheels; they keep jumping out in front of you. :D

Could i ask did you have new centre caps or did he refurbish those too and do you know how he straightened your bent wheels?

Hi A2Z,
I didn't have anything done to my centre caps, they were ok fortunately.
As a matter of fact, he showed me the machine which he used to get the flat spots out of my wheels.
It's a device with an arm that sits inside the wheel and the arm turns round and pushes out the flat spots.
I think he said he heated the wheel first too, although I believe that only wheels with flat spots can be fixed, not wheels with distorted walls.
Cheers
Adam

Back