remove air con panel

A2Matt

Indicators stopped working, but was told by the local dealer in Poole that they tested the relay and I must need a new stalk at a cost of £180.

Fitted one myself with a new stalk from GSF for £27 thanks to a thread I found on how to do that. However this didn't solve the problem so I am wondering if the dealer did try the relay???

Decided to trying to change the flasher relay myself.

So far have I have removed the symphony II radio and ashtray. (note: I don't have a storage bin below the radio)

I can see the relay but can't get to it properly without getting the air con control panel out. So does anyone know how to remove the air con control panel?

Matt

If the ashtray is out then remove the cubby hole (if you have a single din dash) by giving it a good pull forward
Air con panel will follow the same way
Might be stiff but a good straight pull will do it

J

I have removed the symphony II radio and ashtray.

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the A2OC.
As Hooley says, the aircon unit just needs a firm tug towards you, as it's only held in with clips. No need to worry about the cubby hole, as you've got the double-DIN dash.

Cheers,

Tom

I will have a go tomorrow. I did try pulling fairly hard, but it felt like I was about to break something so thought better of it!

Thanks Tom.

Last edited:
Back